Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 50 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 148 49 50 51 5265 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 25th, 2012, 6:57 pm
It's likely something of an open wet deck/mini-well deck, going by what looks like a ramp.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Tromaer Class MPVPosted: October 26th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Tromaer class MPV done (hopefully). Quite big for their primary use as mine hunters IMHO but otherwise I'm quite happy with the design. The hangar is good for a medium sized helicopter and two rotary wing UAVs (up to EC120 size), alternatively the hangar can be used for more containerized systems if a permanently embarked helicopter is not required. The two large roller shutters can again either house containerized systems or a pair of RIBs (the area is split by the helicopter maintenance / repair shop). The mission deck and ramp area are much the same as in the Black Swan concept with the difference that the crane on this can't lift ISO containers (I have my doubts that the illustrated one on the Black Swan could either despite the PDF saying so...) The roller shutter doors in the mission bay area are there for any systems that may need to be deployed externally to the ship. As usual the smaller calibre weapons are of the 27mm x145 variety not 25mm x137 or 25mm x184. The 76mm is there for a number of reasons over say a SeaRAM or Phalanx, namely to plink floating mines and engage minor surface threats such as pirate skiffs and the like. They are crewed by a permanent crew of around 30 with permanent accommodation for up to a total of 45. Containerized living quarters can provide a surge capacity of up to 64 total personnel as required.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Mind posting what some of those containerized systems are? It'd be interesting to see a few different load-outs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm
Some of the things I had in mind were as follows:
  • Towed sonar
  • Towed MCM drone
  • Accommodation blocks
  • Containerized AShMs and SSMs
  • Containerized medical facilities
  • UNREP for smaller patrol vessels and carriage of extra fuel/water for itself
  • Other uses for the areas that don't use containers
  • 7-11m RIBs
  • UAV/USV storage
  • Surge accommodation (standing seats)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 26th, 2012, 10:23 pm
Really good stuff as always.
What does the rear director guide though? is it able to guide the 27mm or is it maybe there incase SAMS are fitted somewhere? These are just wild guesses

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 26th, 2012, 10:48 pm
For minesweeping I'd go for a drone system akin to that used by the RDN

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 27th, 2012, 8:46 am
Trojan wrote:
Really good stuff as always.
What does the rear director guide though? is it able to guide the 27mm or is it maybe there incase SAMS are fitted somewhere? These are just wild guesses
Thiel wrote:
For minesweeping I'd go for a drone system akin to that used by the RDN
  • It is indeed there to provide rear coverage for SAMs should they ever be fitted either permanently or in container modules topside.
  • Listed already in the modules post was thinking of something like Sea Fox or Sea Otter

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Tiger and Cougar FFLsPosted: October 28th, 2012, 3:38 pm
Tiger and Cougar class light frigates. IEP via a pair of MT30s and 2 MTU V16s for ship and system power. Reasonably high speed with adequate endurance this collection of mid sized vessels doesn't really have much of a place within the naval forces of Atlantia, they lack much of a punch to be really useful in either the AAW or ASW roles when compared to their siblings (the Metallurgy class of FFGs) and they lack much of the endurance needed for extended operations without having to rely on UNREP or docking in friendly ports... They're well liked by their crews despite their lack of direction.
The Tigers were the forerunners of the design featuring quite a small helipad and short 16 cell Mk41 whilst in production changes were made to the design increasing the size of aviation facilities and size of the Mk41 to accommodate more capable systems in the form of the Barracuda (MH-60) and the ability to launch SM-2 and SM-6 in addition to ESSM.
They achieve the best part of 38 knots at full power and cruise at 17 knots for a range of roughly 3700km. It has been well documented how wet they tend to get when travelling at speed however.

Complete armament consists of: 1x 76mm SR, 1x 16 cell Mk41 (SDLS or Tactical depending), 2x Rheinmetall Millennium 35mm CIWS, 2x Oto Melara Marlin WS with complete Rheinmetall 27mm cannon, 4x Kongsberg Protector RWS with either M134D or M3Ms and 8x Kongsberg NSM AShMs.
They have aviation facilities for one helicopter either an AB.212/AW159 or WS70 depending on the group. They also carry two 9m RIBs amidships.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 28th, 2012, 4:10 pm
lovely!

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: October 28th, 2012, 6:03 pm
Wonderful! Great to see this AU back and rolling, this ship almost reminds me of a super sigma in a way. P.S. what happened to the AU missiles or are these designs before those entered service/unable to carry them.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 50 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 148 49 50 51 5265 »

Jump to: