Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: July 4th, 2011, 7:04 am
I would prefer a Vanguard with Sea Dart/Type 909.

[Profile] [Quote]
trap one
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: July 4th, 2011, 3:13 pm
Re the Hawk doing surface search. It was a tactic practiced in the old days. A Nimrod would do a medium to High level radar search and then vector Canberra's on to the contact to get a visual ID.

[Profile] [Quote]
trap one
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: July 5th, 2011, 9:17 am
A HMS Vanguard with Sea Dart over the Aft pair of 5.25" Magazines which would allow a very generous missile capacity.
Have also moved the Sea Wolf and Phalanx around to give better coverage with the Sea Wolf with its longer range and more redundancy in the Phalanx coverage close in.
My concern with having the Sea Wolf so high is the re-loading of the missiles. As this is a manual job I've moved the launchers so that this is an easier and hence quicker job, but kept the illuminators high to retain coverage.

The Exocet Launchers are now doubled and placed where the new crane would be able to be used to re-load. This I think would be in place by this latest refit. I have also returned her "boat" capacity to the 1946 level as there is nowhere nearly enough life rafts to replace the floats and all the boats she carried in her earlier outfits. Also the RN has always had a "thing" about boats, just take a look at the County class destroyer. 6 Boats and as far as I'm concerned far too light an armament.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12

Jump to: