Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 9  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: October 1st, 2011, 5:29 am
I am gonna back and finish my Peruvian wesworld AU fleet.

[Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: October 19th, 2011, 7:45 pm
So, Tequilapoli is back in action...

The Navy is *NOT* seriously considering the future CG proposal I posted...just wanted to clear that up. In-Character, the Admiral-in-Chief of the Navy presented the design to members of the legislature as a way of saying "See, we're working on SOMETHING" as a replacement for the Dominator class CG (Kidd-Class Variant). In all seriousness, there IS a consideration by the Navy to upgrade the class, in a radical rebuild, to include APAR and Smart-L (image posted on Republic of Tequilapoli Thread).

Tequilapoli's main issues, as of October, 2011, are 1-Piracy in the Indian ocean (Both eastern, near her own territorial waters, and western, near the Horn of Africa, as part of the Multi-National Anti-Piracy forces), and 2, keeping the fleet moving. The 16 ships that comprise Tequilapoli's main battle fleet (4 Dominator class Guided Missile Cruisers and 12 Relentless class [OHP] Frigates) are an average of 25 years old, and are being constantly worked, as are the two new Leopard OPVs. Tequilapoli is running, within the East Indian Ocean, a force of 1 Cruiser, 3 Frigates, and 1 OPV on counter-Piracy operations, with another 2 Frigates on standby. Off the Horn of Africa, the Fleet maintains 1 Cruiser and 4 Frigates, with 1 additional cruiser being temporarily re-homeported to Bahrain for backup. This leaves one Cruiser (Conquerer, under repairs from her service off Libya), 3 Frigates, and 1 OPV to remain at home. The Tequilapoli Federal Police Force operates some ships (Six Hornet OPVs. The Navy refused the option to buy any) in home waters to give the Navy a break from patrol work.

Plans currently call for Coorstown Ship Building to begin work on the Defiant Class Frigates by January, 2012. Twelve ships are ordered, and will replace the Relentless class (Six will have their missiles removed and be transfered to the FPS as OPFFs). The Navy is considering keeping six of the old Frigates in Navy service for at least five extra years, to meet the demands of the Anti-Piracy operations. Four new Leopard OPVs are on order: 1 each will be delivered in 2012 and 2013, and 2 in 2014.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: October 30th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Right now I draw cruisers for the Kingdom of the Haram, from 1890 to the present day. If you know of cruisers concepts that have been tested in the real world, it's just "pm" me and I'll see if the Haram have tried it.

Todo list:

Lando class is drawn.
Odin class
Lord class
Mastif class
Bulldog class
Labrador Retriever class
Tamaskan class
Husky class

And many more to come!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: October 30th, 2011, 7:00 pm
I'm trying to work out a couple of very light cruisers for my Danish AU

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: October 30th, 2011, 7:50 pm
I'm working on a carrier for Cenet, as well as some old battleships and a few new TB's.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 18th, 2011, 12:17 pm
I have an idea based around a sort of cinque ports/ east india company outgrowth existing into the 20th century as a kind of trade defence set-up for hire. Building their own light warships and such to both protect their own trade and to hire out to others. Pre and during WW1 would be sort of light cruisers down. Inter-war and WW2 would see lots of ASW ships and the like. After that they would probably shrink to the size of flower class size vessels due to rising costs...
What do people think?

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm
Hmm, no complaints... nice...
So What I'm thinking is the EIC without the Indian Mutiny, or at least on a much smaller scale. While the company loses control of India as a whole, they still have a trading monopoly. Because of this they look to expand, and eventually have a trading centre essentially wherever there is an RN presence. Gib, Africa, Canada, Guyana, and the Pacific. By 1914, it is the.. Greater British Trading Company? (or just John Company), and is mainly made up of armed traders and frigates-light cruisers. The merchant marine largely doesn't exist, at least not on the scale it did, as the company has taken its place. However, it is still technically independent of Britain, though their roles are so intertwined that the relationship is interesting to say the least...

Thoughts?

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 10:56 pm
Hmm...

If it is like one of the megacorps in a lot of sci-fi then they could own a small battleship or something similar. :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 5:51 pm
I don't think so. Battleships would be a bit big for what I'm thinking. I'm seeing light cruisers at the biggest, maybe one heavy for the flag.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 5:58 pm
You could make some interesting auxiliary cruisers for this idea. Still retaining some sort of cargo role but suitably armed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 9  [ 89 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: