Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Not another alternate AustraliaPosted: August 27th, 2010, 3:48 am
Looks pretty good. I like the carriers.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Not another alternate AustraliaPosted: August 27th, 2010, 4:37 am
Colosseum wrote:
Well, no, we draw them horizontally. :)
Yep and with good reason. I drew the 76mm gun barrels at that elevated angle and they looked so lame I had to cut them out and stick the Shipbucket barrel back in. The 127mm barrels weren't as bad but you still kind of have this overbite at the end. But like I said before these pictures are not for Shipbucket and I would have to do a lot of work to them to bring them to Shipbucket standard.

Last edited by TurretHead on August 30th, 2010, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Not another alternate AustraliaPosted: August 27th, 2010, 5:19 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Looks pretty good. I like the carriers.
Thanks. The idea with the carrier was something that could launch as many fighters as quickly as possible. I would imagine the RAN's war experience inside the Indonesian islands chain from 1991-93 would be that their carriers need to fight 24 hours a day and be able to quickly launch fighters in large numbers. Unlike the US Navy with the lesiure of operating out to sea and the numbers to always pair carriers in combat.

So I started with the British CVF and just spent a while playing around with the flight deck (lots of editing of the deck paint lines and so on) eventually making the axial takeoff run with ski jump two fighters wide (or a single Rotodyne). So they can quickly launch two fighters then lower the exhaust deflectors and hold back gear and then launch the next two (and so on). I was able to fit in six ranks with more deck run from the first rank than a JSF F-35B needs to takeoff. With inboard elevators using scissor lifts any movement from the hangar to the deck would be very fast and anyway there is plenty of room for deck parks on both sides of the axial deck.

So this would be a carrier that could launch 12 fighters in under a minute and a full strike wing of 36 in under 15 minutes.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Not another alternate AustraliaPosted: August 28th, 2010, 12:08 am
That is cooool.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: