Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Canadai
Post subject: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 7:56 am
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Note: I haven't really made a write-up that is copypasta-able, so have a nice tasty link.
There is a link in there to the Military, which I'm currently working on. In fact, that was the major reason for me to join SB, the navy.

There are three main fleets in the Canadai Navy, the Home Fleet, the Main Fleet, and the Invasion Fleet. The latter are the main power-projectors, with the former being a keep-at-home defense of the home island. (Let it be an out-of-character note that the story behind the island is lulzy. Basically, there's an lolhueg fogbank that eats radar in the pacific. This goes away do to global warming in the thirties and is colonized by Canada in the 40s.)

Last edited by Canadai on September 1st, 2010, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 7:56 am
Home Fleet, which is permanently based in the naval yards of Fort Vancou, consists of the following ship classes:

Port Hard Class Corvette (Still working on Stat-Block)
[ img ]
Stats
Weapons
  • 1x OTO 76mm Autocannon
  • 4x 12.5mm HMG
  • 5x Penguin Anti-Ship Missile
  • 8x Mk41 VLS (self-defense length)
Air Wing
  • 3x MQ-8 Fire Scout or other small helicopter
Vessels Carried
  • 2x RHIB
SPECIFICATIONS
  • Length - 252 Feet
  • Beam - 40 Feet
  • Draft - 11 Feet
  • Displacement - 1500 tonnes
Nanmo Class Fast Attack Craft / Littoral ASW(Stat-Block Coming in Next Update)
Attachment:
Canadai Nanmo Class.png
Reserved for Yet-To-Be-Named Class Submarine

Last edited by Canadai on September 1st, 2010, 6:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 7:56 am
Reserved for Main Fleet

Last edited by Canadai on September 1st, 2010, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Reserved for Invasion Fleet

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 5:45 pm
Don't reserve posts, just freakin' post them when you're ready.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 6:01 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Sorry, I just like to keep organized. It's also updated now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 1st, 2010, 11:33 pm
The Nanmo is rather underarmed and I don't think that Sonar is a workable solution.
By their very nature, FACs tend to be fast and operate in very shallow waters. The sonar makes both those things rather hard to do.
A small towed array is a better solution if you ask me. You certainly have the space for it. I'd also try to cram in some SSMs somewhere and at least one ManPAD launcher.
If you put a Towed Array on the poop deck and move the TTs forward to somewhere between the liferafts and the mg you should be able to cram in two Penguin launchers at the stern, outbord from the Towed array.
Also, you need more electronics. Right now, you only have a nav radar and a EO device. It's workable but not something I'd go to war with.

Here's an example of the kind of electronics you need.
[ img ]
From left to right you have a combined MF/HF/LF/VHF/UHF antennae, a backup VHF antenna, an ECM receiver (On the highest mast), a surface search radar, a nav radar, a gun director, a second nav radar, and while it's not visible, there's also a FLIR build in to the front edge of the bridge.
Another object of interest is the decoy launcher. (The second red thing from the stern)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 2:04 am
Canadai wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
I see what you're getting at, though that is more suited for storefronts over on NS. Here it is better to simply post your latest designs later so that the thread gets bumped so people will see that there are new posts. Unless you are just spamming, there really isn't such thing as "gravedig" on Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Canadai
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 2:54 am
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
Canadai wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
I see what you're getting at, though that is more suited for storefronts over on NS. Here it is better to simply post your latest designs later so that the thread gets bumped so people will see that there are new posts. Unless you are just spamming, there really isn't such thing as "gravedig" on Shipbucket.
I have that at the top mainly as a referance. Things will go there, but they will also be posted in the thread. It's mainly so I don't have to dig through the thread to find stuff, you know?

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: The Parliamentary Republic of CanadaiPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 5:43 am
Quote:
From left to right you have a combined MF/HF/LF/VHF/UHF antennae
hmm..you can build such a broadband andtenna MF-UHF (1-500Mhz), it is physically impossible. The long antennas are MF/HF antennas (1-30Mhz). then you have the more stub antennas under/ around the ECM anntenna which is for VHF/UHF (90-500Mhz). A LF antenna is imopossible to fit onboard, it is too long.

For a small warship you need atleast 2-4 MF/HF transciverantennas, 6-8VHF-UHF antennas, air/surfsearch radar, 2x navigational radar, FC director (TV, IR, radar) and most important an ECM antenna and maybe some other jamming and decoy transmitters

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: