Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22 »
KHT
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 1st, 2013, 8:53 pm
Ah, ok. I quickly made a cut-through to show how I ment. ;)
The right one is to show I thought it could look. :)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 1st, 2013, 8:57 pm
Raxar Hm... when are you planning to type in my credit correct, It's "HeuHen" and not "HueHen" but I also use "H.Heuser" when I am artistic in my drawings....

She is big but perhaps you should have less window in the hull and superstructure for now it looks like a cruse ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 1st, 2013, 9:40 pm
Thanks guys. :)
@KHT: I see what you mean. I've come up with a 3rd option too, and updated the drawing with it.
[ img ]
The left is the old, middle is new, and the right is your's. The middle is 1px. higher than your's and 1 px. lower than the old version.
@Hue-, er, HeuHen ;) : Oops, fixed. I've also removed some portholes.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 12:22 am
Interesting CA. however, in spite of its 12 10in guns, I believe my Thevai still holds the edge with her 10 9.2in guns and 16 20in TTs. I'm curious to find out how your superstructure is really shaped. On the looks of it it appears rather slabsided, without curvatures or angles to speak of. Also, I believe your elongated quarterdeck will prove to be a weak point structurally speaking. Otherwise a very competent work!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 1:08 am
:lol: Bezo, you will always like your Thevai better than anyone else's cruiser killers, won't you? ;) :)
I kinda like this better for the Pacific though. It has the extreme look down.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 3:46 am
Another sub:
[ img ]
The Schwabenkof Class submarines were the largest pre-war subs used by Cenet in the Second World War. Though slightly outnumbered by the smaller Folter Class, the Schwabenkof Class vessels were more successful, partially due to the 40mm AA gun aft of the sail and an additional 2 torpedo tubes in the bow. The Schwabenkov's were the most similarly matched vessels of that time to those of other navies, and were well liked by their crews. While preceded by the Folter Class, the Schwabenkof was actually designed as a much larger version of the Lunzhak Class. During the war, the Schwabenkof Class was the unmatched champion of the Cenetian submarines, sinking more tonnage of enemy shipping than any other class. After the war, the Schwabenkof's served on, albeit in smaller numbers, until the mid-50's.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 4:55 am
Yes, of course, I will always prefer my Thevais, duuuh! However, regardless of looks, you didn't answer my couple of querries I put out; about the strange lack of angles in your superstructure and the structural weakness (as I perceive it!) of your stern section. To that, I'd like to add: why no TT:s?

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 4th, 2013, 2:04 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
However, regardless of looks, you didn't answer my couple of querries I put out; about the strange lack of angles in your superstructure and the structural weakness (as I perceive it!) of your stern section. To that, I'd like to add: why no TT:s?
The structure isn't really that boxy (or angled or curved either) The front of the bridge is angled, as is the deck below it. The front of the superstructure for the 2 decks below that is rounded, and so is the section with the 3 25mm guns on it, which is rounded on both sides.
I'm not sure whether or not that would be a structural weakness. The drop is only one deck level, do I don't think it would be too severe.
TT's are missing because I completely forgot about them :? . Where would you suggest adding them?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 5th, 2013, 5:14 am
Lol...that figures! Well, where to put the torps, that depends on what kind of torpedo warfare philosophy your navy has adopted. You can have open deck mounts with or without reloads, in-hull mounted as my Thevais and most IJN ( and, before 1935/36 the early US Tinclads) with reloads. The Royal Hellenic Navy is a champion of massed torpedo attacks in combination with saturated gun fire, since the likelihood of it being able to match up against any prospective opponents are slim. Your navy may have a different philosophy entirely; maybe even having decided to discard above-water TTs on major surface vessels due to the (always) inherent risk of secondary explosion when suffering a hit in the vicinity of the TT area. As for a realistic position without hampering any gun mounts and necessitating a major rebuilding, I would put them on 01-level in-hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Federation of CenetPosted: January 27th, 2013, 1:59 am
Very nice work on the Schwabenkopf. It's hard to get subs to look realistic

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 22  [ 212 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22 »

Jump to: