Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 52 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page « 150 51 52 53 5456 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 6th, 2017, 10:32 am
Another excellent set.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 6th, 2017, 12:38 pm
Jolly fine work Rowdy :!:

Well Done my friend :D

I can't wait to see more of your damned good work sir :P

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 6th, 2017, 9:13 pm
Very nNice work! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 7th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Thanks guys :)
Hood wrote: *
I notice the large funnels for the Coastal FAC, I assume the vents are in the stern for the FSV variant?
If so, I guess you could do the same for the FAC and free up some extra space on the FAC (I guess there is a VLS between the funnels on the deck-edges).
Those are covered standard missile canisters which, although not visible in the drawing, are angled slightly so that the missiles won't hit the superstructure. The exhaust gases would be emitted through vents between the hulls, which would hopefully reduce the IR signature of the boats also.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 7th, 2017, 3:24 pm
Very curious solution for these Standard missile canisters.

How about launchers similar with Chinese Type 022 Houbei, but built for Standard missiles (if they are the anti-ship variant with doppler active radar).

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 7th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Ah ok, that layout makes more sense now.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm
Great drawings, great trimaran concepts!
I'm seriously saving these for later. ;)

Couple of questions on the FAC/FSV though: 1) if the missile canisters are angled outwards so that the exhaust vents between the hulls, shouldn't the faces of the missile tubes be visible from the side? 2) I assume you don't have specific stealth requirements for this design? The hull lines could allow it, but the bridges and the aft end of the FAC'S main deck tell a different story.
What kind of IOC do you have in mind for both of these, by the way?

Oh, and since this seems to be a bit unclear, "standard missile canisters" or "Standard missile" canisters?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 7th, 2017, 9:09 pm
There was an anti-ship variant of Standard missile, the RIM-66D (with anti-radar seeker from AGM-78 Standard ARM) and the RIM-66F with monopulse active radar. Former launched from ASROC "Pepperbox" launcher, latter from the Mk32. Two variations of this existed, one used in Asheville Class and in Iranian navy destroyers and the other by Taiwan (Wu Chin(n III destroyers and now in Chi Yang Class). All regular Standard SAM and also the Terrier had some limiterd anti-ship capability.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
citizen lambda wrote: *
Couple of questions on the FAC/FSV though: 1) if the missile canisters are angled outwards so that the exhaust vents between the hulls, shouldn't the faces of the missile tubes be visible from the side? 2) I assume you don't have specific stealth requirements for this design? The hull lines could allow it, but the bridges and the aft end of the FAC'S main deck tell a different story.
1) Yes you're probably right, I didn't actually think of that/notice it until after I posted. My initial thought was to have the missiles fire straight ahead but that would probably be unnecessarily risky. Also the exhaust gases I referred to in my last post was actually the from the ship itself not the missiles - poor phrasing on my part. 2) No specific stealth requirements, no. I wanted it to be fairly clean looking and with a lower signature, but stealth wasn't a driving force behind the design. A stealthier variant could probably be developed relatively easily from it though.
citizen lambda wrote: *
Oh, and since this seems to be a bit unclear, "standard missile canisters" or "Standard missile" canisters?
Yes that was poor wording sorry. My thinking behind it was for basic AShM missile launch canisters (in this case for the AU Sea Hawk missile as seen in the drawing) to be fitted beneath a stealthy covering. While there is no reason why SM-2 Standard missiles couldn't be used, that was not my intention when drawing it.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of RecherchePosted: November 9th, 2017, 2:48 am
Good explanation for the missiles.

P.S Answer to my pm for the destroyer, please, I am waiting to upload her with underwater hull. 3 drawings await upload in my AU

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 52 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 150 51 52 53 5456 »

Jump to: