Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 43  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1043 »
CATZ
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 9:48 am
Colosseum wrote:
Bah, ignore all that bullshit and start playing Statesmanship.

If you want realistic RP, this is the place.
Checking it out now!

^_^

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 9:58 am
I love this thread. It makes me laugh soooo much.

Really, do 90% of all Nationstates players not know what a warship actually looks like? How many times have they opened up a book (sigh, or even looked at Wikipedia) and seen a ship that looks like that!

Actually the carrier isn't that bad overall (except for the one pixel bow error, three anchors, weird funnel and the small gudiance radar below the search radar on the foremast). Plus it has no AEGIS so its getting better IMO.
The battlecruiser-thingy has no redeeming features at all. (Why have nine missile types? Why! Why! *Goes off muttering to the insane asylum just because I actually counted them all....*)

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 3:19 pm
I registered and have posted a claim, but what is the general tech level for weapons there? There was a thread there regarding that, but no clear answer emerged from it that I could make sense of.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 5:54 pm
General tech level regarding weapons there? It's whatever you want it to be. The game itself is MT (with the game time being "Today") I guess, but that doesn't mean you can't do FT/PMT/PT roleplaying.

Statesmanship is very freeform. You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 9:23 pm
I wish there were some game-play rules like Wesworld. A modern day Wesworld would be pretty rockin. :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 14th, 2010, 10:07 pm
... you're perfectly free to start something similar. It's a freeform RP site, not a structured one like WesWorld.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 15th, 2010, 5:36 pm
CATZ wrote:
I wish there were some game-play rules like Wesworld. A modern day Wesworld would be pretty rockin. :-)
Who are you overthere?

[Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 15th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Quote:
guess, but that doesn't mean you can't do FT/PMT/PT roleplaying.
Statesmanship is very freeform. You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.
So how exactly does this differ from generic NS, Renatia, or any of the other offsite mods out there? I'm looking for something that is more regulated and defined, not less. Looking at some of the posted factbooks and info that people have posted there, it is less detailed than the basic Renatia setup. For example, it seems a some people just post their defence budget and don't worry about the other stuff. Granted that we only require the full setup if you are planning on actually carrying out miltary action at some point, if you are there just to RP, then it isn't needed.

The biggest problem with Renatia, aside from the fact that the people running it have about the same personal outlook on war and warfare as the Belgian Green Party, is there really isn't much of an established system for warfare, beyond the personal whim of the Secretary of RP, and there isn't much consequence for losing, except your nation is occupied for a max of 2 weeks, or two years of game time. Granted, if the occupier wants to be a bastard, he can plunder all he wants to in that period, like Russia did with Germany post war, and set you back quite a few years, but still, it seems a bit fluffy.

Frankly, what should be done is some sort of spreadsheet based sim with verifiable numbers that works the same for everyone. Anything short of that really is a matter of external window dressing. You can paint up however you like, but on the inside, it's all the same as all the rest out there, IMHO.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 16th, 2010, 12:28 am
I'm not interested in that at all.

Seems we want two different things, and if that's what you're looking for, then Statesmanship is not for you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: WikiStates GemsPosted: November 16th, 2010, 3:19 am
[ img ]

hey colo can I borrow your webley I have some depression right now

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 43  [ 428 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1043 »

Jump to: