[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
Author Message
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 7:08 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 7221
Joined: July 28th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Location: the netherlands
what exactly is the reason for your credit on all these drawings? I see no difference apart from flags, names and maybe colours

_________________
Drawings are credited with J.Scholtens
I ask of you to prove me wrong. Not say I am wrong, but prove it, because then I will have learned something new.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 7:12 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 5375
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 3:02 am
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
I'm sorry but your navy and air force are way out of whack with what you could possibly support with you population base.
The Archer, Peacock and Type 26 are doable, but all the ships after that are out of your range.
Your air force have way too many different aircraft. You'll have to cut them back significantly if you want it to make sense.

_________________
“Close” only counts with horseshoes, hand grenades, and tactical nuclear weapons.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 8:22 pm
Offline
Posts: 2706
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 9:15 am
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Contact: Facebook
Thiel wrote:
I'm sorry but your navy and air force are way out of whack with what you could possibly support with you population base.
The Archer, Peacock and Type 26 are doable, but all the ships after that are out of your range.
Your air force have way too many different aircraft. You'll have to cut them back significantly if you want it to make sense.
From an air force perspective I'd probably go with something like the following...

Combat Aircraft:
  • Up-to 32 Single-seat Gen 4.5 MRCA (Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen F/A-18E/F or F-16)
  • 4-6x Two-seat MRCA (For OCU mainly but combat capable)
  • Up-to 16 Gen 3/4 MRCA (Mirage 2000, older F-16s, F/A-18C/Ds)
N.B, the above numbers are somewhat optomistic, Bahrain, the nation the figure derives from I'd imagine would be somewhat richer than the Balearic Isles...

Trainers and Light Attack Aircraft:
  • 8-12x LIFT with a secondary light attack role (Hawk, M-346, T/TA-50)
  • 6-12x Basic/intermediate trainers with a secondary light attack role (PC-9, Super Tucano or KT-1)
  • 2-4x Multi-engine / WSO trainers (King Air 300/350 or P.180)
  • 2-4x Helicopter trainers (EC-120 or MD500 series)
Helicopters:
  • 8-12x Medium helicopters (NH-90, AW101, EC725 or Mi-38)
  • 8-12x Attack helicopters with a secondary maritime strike role (AH-1Z, WAH-64D, EC655 or AW729)
    Helicopters still but not operated by the Air Force
  • 12-16x Utility helicopters with a secondary CSAR or light attack role (S-70I, AW149, KAI Surion or NH-90)
  • 3-6x Naval multi-purpose helicopters (AW159, NH-90 or S-70I/SH-60)
Transport and Specialist Aircraft:
  • 2-4x Medium transports (C-130J-30, A400M or KC-390)
  • 2-4x Intermediate transports (C-295, C-27J or KC-390)
  • 4-8x Light transports (King Air 300/350, P.180, DHC-6-400 or PZL M28)
  • 2x Light AEW aircraft (C-295, DHC-6-400 or PZL M28) - Maybe not rotodome equipped, maybe they'd use the Vigilance concept?
  • 2-4x Maritime patrol aircraft (C-295, DHC-6-400 or PZL M28) - Maybe convertible from MPAs to transports and vice versa?
  • 4-6x Firefighting / CSAR aircraft (Bombardier 415 and/or AT-802)
UAVs/UCAVs:
  • 2-4x Reconnaissance orientated UAVs (Hermes 450 or 900)
  • 2-4x Armed UAVs/UCAVs (Eitan maybe?)
It's still pretty ambitious but somewhat more feasible than before...

~Regards, Mark.

_________________
AU Projects: | Federal Monarchy of Tír Glas| Other Ivernic Nations | Artemis Group |
Blood and Fire


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 9:15 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 2195
Joined: December 22nd, 2010, 12:13 pm
Location: Denmark
acelanceloet wrote:
what exactly is the reason for your credit on all these drawings? I see no difference apart from flags, names and maybe colours
I'm agreing with Ace. You have to made significant changes, and normally it is customary to ask the original drawers, when you want to use a real life vessel in an AU. For me it's ok using HMS Albion, but I want the sole credit ;)

_________________
Work in progress:
DD County Class PNS Babur (1982)(PAK)
FF Type 21 Class D182 PNS Babur (2000)(PAK)
All relevant Coat of Arms


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 5375
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 3:02 am
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Considering how Bahrain is one of the ten fastest growing economies in the world and how they sit on a large percentage of the worlds gasoline production that's being very optimistic.
Given your relationship with Britain you can probably skip advanced trainers completely and use British facilities and planes instead.
Skip the attack helicopters all together. Smack missiles on your Lynxes if you really need them, they're already rated for them.
You can also reduce the utility helicopters to a handful and fork them over to the police and/or civilian rescue services. The Islands aren't big enough, or far enough apart to warrant any more.
A wing of C-130s will be able to do all the heavy transporting you could ever want. Back those up with a couple of VIP transports. Ad a mid-range MPA of some sort to the mix, or fit your transports out for it, and you should be set on that front.
As for UAVs, you'll probably be better of if you focus on one design and you shouldn't expect that design to be particularly big.

_________________
“Close” only counts with horseshoes, hand grenades, and tactical nuclear weapons.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 21st, 2012, 11:43 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 332
Joined: July 31st, 2010, 2:15 pm
Location: London, UK
Blackbuck wrote:
Thiel wrote:
I'm sorry but your navy and air force are way out of whack with what you could possibly support with you population base.
The Archer, Peacock and Type 26 are doable, but all the ships after that are out of your range.
Your air force have way too many different aircraft. You'll have to cut them back significantly if you want it to make sense.
From an air force perspective I'd probably go with something like the following...
Thank you very much for your comments Thiel and Blackbuck. Blackbuck, I appreciate the level of detail you've described, I will amend my list so it's more realistic. What do you think about tankers?

Edit: What do you think of the updated list?
KimWerner wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
what exactly is the reason for your credit on all these drawings? I see no difference apart from flags, names and maybe colours
I'm agreing with Ace. You have to made significant changes, and normally it is customary to ask the original drawers, when you want to use a real life vessel in an AU. For me it's ok using HMS Albion, but I want the sole credit ;)
I apologise, I wasn't sure of the etiquette for if/when credits are added. I assumed you added your name if you made any changes, sorry. I will change the ones that stay.

_________________
Balearic Islands AU: {Main Thread and SB Scale Drawings} {FD Scale Drawings}
Cornwall AU: {Main Thread and SB Scale Drawings} {FD Scale Drawings}

Current FD Scale Worklist: Boeing 757-200/-300, Boeing 777-200/-300, Tupolev Tu-204/Tu-214, HAL Dhruv


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 6:13 am
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 1587
Joined: November 22nd, 2011, 4:47 am
Location: Marietta, Georgia - USA
acelanceloet wrote:
what exactly is the reason for your credit on all these drawings? I see no difference apart from flags, names and maybe colours
Don't know about the other drawings, but he added the underwater hull to my drawing of the Archer class, and I had already told him if he did that I would share credit with him.

_________________
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way." - The Seventh Doctor


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 6:14 am
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 7221
Joined: July 28th, 2010, 12:25 pm
Location: the netherlands
I know and understand that, this counts for the other drawings though :P

_________________
Drawings are credited with J.Scholtens
I ask of you to prove me wrong. Not say I am wrong, but prove it, because then I will have learned something new.


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: May 22nd, 2012, 7:22 am
Offline
Posts: 2706
Joined: July 27th, 2010, 9:15 am
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Contact: Facebook
indiajuliet wrote:
Blackbuck wrote:
Thiel wrote:
I'm sorry but your navy and air force are way out of whack with what you could possibly support with you population base.
The Archer, Peacock and Type 26 are doable, but all the ships after that are out of your range.
Your air force have way too many different aircraft. You'll have to cut them back significantly if you want it to make sense.
From an air force perspective I'd probably go with something like the following...
indiajuliet wrote:
Thank you very much for your comments Thiel and Blackbuck. Blackbuck, I appreciate the level of detail you've described, I will amend my list so it's more realistic. What do you think about tankers?

Edit: What do you think of the updated list?
That appears to be a much better ORBAT than before. Regarding the tanker issue, A400s are perfectly capable of tanking.

_________________
AU Projects: | Federal Monarchy of Tír Glas| Other Ivernic Nations | Artemis Group |
Blood and Fire


Top
[Profile] [Quote]
indiajuliet
Post subject: Re: Balearic Islands (AU)Posted: July 5th, 2012, 9:41 pm
Offline
User avatar
Posts: 332
Joined: July 31st, 2010, 2:15 pm
Location: London, UK
I know I haven't posted here for a while, so here's something I've been working on recently. I've got a bit more spare time now over the summer, so hope to post a bit more regularly.

2020 Squadron/Group Structure of the Royal Balearic Air Force:

[ img ]

Current deployments and details of aircraft operated by other services:

[ img ]

Features a few changes to the fleet described previously, with all military aircraft of the Balearic Islands Defence Force operated by the RBAF, but with some squadrons closely cooperating with the other services and sharing crews. I hope to soon post FD scale drawings of a few of the aircraft in the FD scale forum, and possibly SB scale here.

I've been trying to work out a structure for the Army, but finding it a nightmare to organise and imagine numbers/units, but will hopefully have it worked out in a while, with a nice diagram to show it! I've also updated the map on the first page.

_________________
Balearic Islands AU: {Main Thread and SB Scale Drawings} {FD Scale Drawings}
Cornwall AU: {Main Thread and SB Scale Drawings} {FD Scale Drawings}

Current FD Scale Worklist: Boeing 757-200/-300, Boeing 777-200/-300, Tupolev Tu-204/Tu-214, HAL Dhruv


Last edited by indiajuliet on July 6th, 2012, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


The team | Delete all board cookies | All times are UTC


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]