Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 12:29 am
What's the fun of unmanned ships anyway? It sort of takes the whole lure out of the concept of the Sea! I hope that day will never come, but with the evolution of ships into ever more bizarrely looking mal-creation, without any resemblance to the classic ships, well, who knows?

[Profile] [Quote]
Razgriz BSG-27
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 12:39 am
bezobrazov wrote:
What's the fun of unmanned ships anyway? It sort of takes the whole lure out of the concept of the Sea! I hope that day will never come, but with the evolution of ships into ever more bizarrely looking mal-creation, without any resemblance to the classic ships, well, who knows?

I actually agree with you, I just thought it was an interesting idea

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 1:27 am
bezobrazov wrote:
What's the fun of unmanned ships anyway? It sort of takes the whole lure out of the concept of the Sea!
Like I said, it's a more pressing concern to remove men and women out of the way of danger.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 3:49 am
Oh, I know, but then even the NCC-1701 USS Enterprise has a crew...(I know, different circumstances - but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have become such a hit, and remain so, had it not been for Jim Kirk, Bones, Mr Spock, Chekov etc, not to mention the towering gestalt of Jean-Luc Picard!) so I hope it never comes to that! 8-) ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 4:21 am
One hell of a crew may I add :P

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 5:43 am
Voyager had a crew too...including Seven of Nine...*sigh* :twisted:

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 16th, 2012, 4:19 pm
I would argue that except for Seven Voyager largely functioned as if an uninhabited vessel :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Lebroba
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 18th, 2012, 4:19 am
Ironically removing a human crew will save you 90% of the regular maintenance which is clean and inspects. No humans, means no dead hair and skin dust bunnies and other nastiness.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 18th, 2012, 8:30 am
Lebroba wrote:
Ironically removing a human crew will save you 90% of the regular maintenance which is clean and inspects. No humans, means no dead hair and skin dust bunnies and other nastiness.
NO

- sarcastic mode on-
yeah, having now humans on board really makes that no seawater gets in, no salt, no smoke or dust, ..... and it also makes your engines run much better, without the need for maintenance..... and it also makes that you do not need to inspect the ship on damage or defects during normal use, and of course you don't need damage control, or you don't need to maintain your weapons and sensors, yeah humans deliver 90% of the needed maintenance by just being on board yeah
- sarcastic mode off -
you got the message?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultimo Tiger
Post subject: Re: Unmanned AUPosted: August 18th, 2012, 9:47 am
Since this is an AU, is it safe to assume perhaps these unmanned ships have the ability to do those things?

A crew of three can fly a huge plane, a crew of one or two can drive a mighty train etc, why not a ship with the same principles?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: