Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 529 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Winged HeroesPosted: July 28th, 2010, 1:17 pm
again I will continue with the ships for utopia, for the story I'm writing, 'winged heroes'.

first I want to complete the Atlantic fleet, flagship is the Camelot.
I am now working on the lhd-lpd, the anti-ship/antisub- frigate and the logistics ship. then the main fleet will be finished.
so far, this is what I have completed of the fleet:
[ img ]
most of these have had comments, but if you see something that I did really wrong, feel free to comment.

now the ship I really want some comments on: my new lhd-lpd.
[ img ]
the hull is based on an slightly wider and lengthened version of the hrms rotterdam. the main hangar space is in the structure, but more helicopters can be stored in the vehicle deck (there is an deck elevator next to the bridge)

EDIT: ANYBODY PLEASE POST SOMETHING! I WANT TO IMPROVE MY SHIPS, BUT I CAN'T WITHOUT SOMEBODY POINTING AT MY MISTAKES!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: July 28th, 2010, 8:19 pm
As it is now I guess you can place two or matbe three helicopters in the superstructure. The uptakes and probably the engine intakes take a lot of space. Also the aft Goalkeeper CIWS has deck penetration which will also encroach your hangar space.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: July 28th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Novice wrote:
As it is now I guess you can place two or matbe three helicopters in the superstructure. The uptakes and probably the engine intakes take a lot of space. Also the aft Goalkeeper CIWS has deck penetration which will also encroach your hangar space.
there is space for 4 nh-90's or lynxes in there, because they can fold. there can be 2 helo's next to each other. look at the dokdo class: that one has an much smaller hangar, but still can have 2 helo's in the structure the funnel is placed entirely to the left side, as is the goalkeeper. that makes the ship very wide, but that is the only difficulty with that setup.

btw you think 2 doors is to much? I have made 2 so all helo's could easily be taken out of the hangar without moving the rest, but it takes a lot of space.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: July 30th, 2010, 5:14 pm
Why the hell does the Destiny class have nearly the same copter deck space as an LHD? And why does it have a VLS bay and the hangar occupying the same space?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: July 30th, 2010, 5:49 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Why the hell does the Destiny class have nearly the same copter deck space as an LHD? And why does it have a VLS bay and the hangar occupying the same space?
for the deck size : ask vossiej, I took over his dimensions..... only weapons and radars and some repaint are mine. the hangar is an simple answer though: similar layout as the burke, hangars at the side of the vls.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 4:29 pm
i really like all your ships but i really like your aircraft carrier and your lhd-lpd they both look very modern.im still kind of a newbie so i cant really find mistakes on your lhd-lpd.

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 4th, 2010, 2:52 am
If I may, your ships look too "different." If you look at the windows you will see what I'm talking about. I would choose one or two and build around those, but thats just me. Other than that, looks great!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 4th, 2010, 7:57 am
Lol, the 'Destiny' was on of my very first AU cut/past designs. I believe it was to be a super cruiser armed with intercontinental ballistic missiles :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 4th, 2010, 8:33 am
Vossiej wrote:
Lol, the 'Destiny' was on of my very first AU cut/past designs. I believe it was to be a super cruiser armed with intercontinental ballistic missiles :roll:
well, if that's the case, I might shorten the helideck a bit, along with the entire hull :D

(btw vossiej, it looks way better than my first designs ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 4th, 2010, 10:19 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Vossiej wrote:
well, if that's the case, I might shorten the helideck a bit, along with the entire hull :D

(btw vossiej, it looks way better than my first designs ;)
Just courious,what did your first design look like?

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 529 »

Jump to: