Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1029 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 12:27 am
acelanceloet wrote:
questions or comments?
Yeah what the hell are those wing things for?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 9:15 am
klagldsf wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
questions or comments?
stability and a bit of lift during the 'slow' (mach 1.2) part of the trajectory. they also serve as fuel tanks. (and to make it look different from any other missile, of course :D)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 9:53 am
acelanceloet wrote:
Gollevainen wrote:
Quote:
yes. these are the symbol of the freedom forces, because they are mythical species, and the world were the freedom forces are working on is just as impossible as the unicorns (that's what their enemy's say
I take you haven't read the illuminatus! books then ;)
illuminatus? no, haven't read it...... they used the unicorn or something?
no, but they explain their psycho-subconsious meaning pretty all inclusively :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 12:22 pm
Great missile design you have made there!

[Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 1:47 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
questions or comments?
stability and a bit of lift during the 'slow' (mach 1.2) part of the trajectory. they also serve as fuel tanks. (and to make it look different from any other missile, of course :D)
Yeah, I don't think they will work.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 1:56 pm
is there an possibility how they would work? (like changing the dimensions or shape or something)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 8:46 pm
Take a look at real Cruise missiles and their wing configurations.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 9:42 pm
TimothyC wrote:
that was not my question. I know how real cruise missiles work, but (as I do with most of my designs) this design is designed to be 'different' from real weapons, not following one chance of thought or design series. I am not going to change this one (other missiles I am working on are more conventional) so I ask again: is there anything (except changing the entire concept) that makes this design work?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 21st, 2010, 10:11 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
that was not my question. I know how real cruise missiles work, but (as I do with most of my designs) this design is designed to be 'different' from real weapons, not following one chance of thought or design series. I am not going to change this one (other missiles I am working on are more conventional) so I ask again: is there anything (except changing the entire concept) that makes this design work?
Think about this for a moment.

Why would some two-bit engineering student (me), or some high-school equivalent (you) come up with some amazing new concept in aerodynamic design that no one else in the history of aerospace has ever developed?

You keep picking ideas that are different because they are different than what is used. If nobody else has ever used the design, maybe there is a reason for that.

In short, stop being difficult.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: November 22nd, 2010, 3:48 pm
TimothyC wrote:

In short, stop being difficult.
lets's make this clear..... (I thought I had said this before, but well......)

I am writing a book, and I am planning to make an manga/comic of it. all the designs which I post under winged heroes are for that.
(the site I post my progress http://wingedheroes.webs.com/)
this book is an completely alternate reality. it creates an new line of thought and new design origins for the current and next time eras. this new line of thought has it own ideas about designs, especially seen in the ships, aircraft and weapons. I could have used an fleet of dutch m-frigates and lcf's. or I could have used a fleet of burkes and perry's. but that's not what this is about. I am creating a nation and army that is different from all ever created on this world, or anything that will be created. because of that, I will cross some lines from real life and realism. it all needs to look like it COULD work, but hasn't to be perfect. I always am willing to make improvements to my designs to let them work.... but I don't expect every single one of it would work. I am not an engineer, 3/4 of my warship knowledge is build up in here and I am still learning every day. but what really counts for winged heroes is not realism, but just the art/looks. if that is explained as being difficult, so be it. other projects I work on will be different from these, (look at ADU and the real life ships and sheets I am doing) so it is not my idea to loose all realism in my creations.

I still like comments on my work, especially on how to make it better/more realistic, but don't expect I will completely redesign every single bit of it because of it being 'difficult' in real life.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1029 »

Jump to: