Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 25 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2731 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 5th, 2016, 4:33 am
Thanks Trojan and Eswube!

Here is the Clyde Heavy Equipment Transport Vehicle. Ultimately, I decided against carrying two Tiger IFVs.

I'll go over the details again.
The truck is based on the standard 8x8 frame, but is widened to 9'8". The single engine is removed from the cab and a structure built behind the cab for the placement of two engines connecting a common gearbox. This arrangement gives the truck just about 1000 horsepower and 2500 ft-lb of torque.
The trailer is 10'2" wide, with side-board extensions to get it to 12'2". It has 6 axles, the rear two are self-steering but can be locked for reversal. The trailer can carry a weight of 68 tons, the weight of an un-equipped Lion Mk.III MBT. Newer trailers have seven axles, built with the intention of hauling an equipped Lion Mk.III MBT (slat armor, ERA, TUSK, etc).
The truck and trailers are strong enough to pull a second trailer behind. The lower height of the converter dollies require a different neck (the neck is removable from the trailer), so dollies and necks often operate in pairs and are semi-permanently attached.
Max road speed is 50mph.

The name comes from the draft horse Clydesdale, which was the most common draft horse in Denton. The truck was named after the Clydesdale to commemorate the breed's importance in Denton's history.
[ img ]

-Ethan

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 5th, 2016, 11:58 am
Nice truck.

Just a small nitpick:
ezgo394 wrote:
1000 horsepower and 2500 ft-lb of torque.
Horsepower isn't the most important thing for a truck, it is torque, more torque better pulling performance. Horsepower is always nice to have... it help on the performance on the engine.

That's weak for Diesel engine. 2500 ft-lb of torque is around 3300-3400 Nm. Specially when you compare it to European truck engines. Volvo's 750hp engine with it's 3550 Nm and Scania's 730hp engine with 3500 Nm. Just the Scania's big V8 alone can be tuned, you can easily get Chips for Scania engine that take there 730 up to 780-790hp, That gives you 3900 Nm and there exist a chip that take the same engine up to 960hp and just above 5000 Nm (3687 ft-lb of torque).

It's not that have anything against US-trucks and there engine, but I would expect more performance of an truck engine. (Note: Marine V8 Diesel engine, like them from Scania for example, dosent deliver as many "Nm per hp" as there Truck engine"

We could compare one of the favorite truck engine in US, the "Cummins", a fantastic engine. Engine build for do almost anything... something that are nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 5th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Thanks Henrik!

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. The engines that the normal trucks use are about 530hp, and produce about 1250ft-lb of torque. Putting those two together with a common gearbox gives me the 1000hp and 2500ft-lb torque.

For most over the road trucks here in America, it's pretty common to have performance figures like this. I've no doubt that a more powerful engine (in regards to torque) could be had, but I'm trying to keep parts common between all trucks. The major factor in the pulling power comes from the gearing in the transmission. Having smaller steps between gears means that it will pull more than a transmission that has larger steps between gears. These trucks are fitted with with a transmission that has 12+2 gears, by using a low-high transfer inside the transmission, while all the other trucks have a 5+1 transmission and a low-high transfer case.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 5th, 2016, 10:27 pm
(sorry, double post)

Finally got these finished. Took me some time to figure out how I wanted to do these.

The AASPW-37 and ASPW-155 were both introduced 2 years after the HT-108's introduction in 1982. The design was heavily based on that of the SpGH DANA and BRAMS. Both designs take the same components from the Lion 37mm AA and 155mm artillery, and the chassis is based on that of the HT-108. These were introduced to replace older Anti-air units that were trailer or truck based that had little or no armor, as well to introduce a mobile and efficient wheeled artillery vehicle to keep up with wheeled armored formations.

[ img ]
[ img ]

To the Mods, I eventually hope to have a ship drawn in the near future.

-Ethan

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 6th, 2016, 7:43 pm
I suppose that the ASPW-155 is similar in concept with the SpGH DANA/SpGH ZUZANA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152mm_SpGH_DANA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/155mm_SpGH_ZUZANA

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 6th, 2016, 7:50 pm
ezgo394 wrote:
The AASPW-37 and ASPW-155 were both introduced 2 years after the HT-108's introduction in 1982. The design was heavily based on that of the SpGH DANA and BRAMS. Both designs take the same components from the Lion 37mm AA and 155mm artillery, and the chassis is based on that of the HT-108.
Yes, they are based on the SpGH DANA. I always write details like this in the posts so that these questions don't have to be asked. But...

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 6th, 2016, 7:55 pm
Indeed, you wrote that, just came across it.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 7th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Now for the new AIT-4 (used to be the AIT-5 as seen here). I've changed a lot of stuff on it, but kept it close to it's roots.

The AIT-4 was put into service by the Denton Army in 1987, superseding the AIT-3. The AIT-4 was different from the 3 in many ways. The most obvious difference was the moving of the engine from the rear to the front, just behind where the commander sits. The side doors were kept, but enlarged to a more comfortable 30," and a large rear ramp was added. Self contained, directional waterjets were now used, rather than the twin engine jets on the -3. The turret was redesigned to accommodate a 28mm autocannon and was moved to the far left side, to offset the engine weight. The troop compliment was reduced from 13 to 8, although 11 can be achieved with overloading, as the seats are all fold up bench seats.

[ img ]

Length: 25' 7"
Width 9'9"
Height: 7' 4" (hull), 9' 7" (oa)
Crew: 3+8 (11) passengers

Main armament: 28mm autocannon
Armor: protected against 14.5mm AP rounds
Engine: 7.0L twin-turbocharged V8 producing 350hp at 2500rpm
Range: 450-500 miles
Speed - Land: 55 mph
Speed - Water: 6.5 mph

-Ethan

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 9th, 2016, 5:27 am
Not a ship, but rather a Sub.

[ img ]

The Iberville SSK was Denton's hunter-killer sub in the later half of the 20th century. Originally designed in 1964, construction was delayed by several years, with the first 2 subs starting construction in 1968. The first set was completed in 1970 and both were commissioned the following year. 6 more subs followed, the final being completed in 1974. The last of the 8 subs stayed in service until 2003, when the last of the 8 new Uphoff SSKs entered service.

I'm not really sure what all of this consists of, so this is all I know.
Length: 219ft
Beam: 24' 6"
Propulsion: 2x V12 Diesel Engines, 2x Generators, 2x Electric Motors, 2x Shafts
Range: 10,000nm at 8kts surfaced
Speed (Surfaced): 12kts
Speed (Underwater): 16kts
Complement: 58

Armaments:
8x 21" torpedo bow tubes, 16 torpedoes
2x 21" torpedo stern tubes, 2 torpedoes

-Ethan

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 9th, 2016, 8:24 am
Looks like a good little sub, and I'm loving all the vehicles you've been posting.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 25 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 123 24 25 26 2731 »

Jump to: