Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Navy 1910 and on...an alternative wayPosted: April 24th, 2013, 2:38 pm
Yes you have absolutely right Bezobrazov.
The 3-4 years period i gave for developmend and constraction of the shipyard and the technology for subworks is too limited.
But in these years of WW1 i thing that no country...except perhaps USA...would be able to build 2 new battleships for a foreign nation...even an ally like Greece this era...due to their own needs.
So i propose to start the developing of shipyard technologies on 1914...and to be able to build a BB size ship at 1930 after abt 15 years.
In the while the 2 BBs of Hellas class can be build in USA from 1919-1922...with bigger guns maybe...lets say 14''...and little bit longer.

I am working also this...
After the judicial arbitration with german and french shipyards for the delayed BBs Salamis & Vasilefs Konstantinos...Greece received the unfinished hulls, redisigned and rebuild them after 1930 as the first big works of the new shipyards!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenic Navy 1910 and on...an alternative wayPosted: April 24th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Ok, I can accept that as a viable alternate way. Tell me how it's going and I may incorporate that in my own thread; I e rewrite some of my stories.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: