Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Archipelagian IslesPosted: April 29th, 2013, 2:51 am
One small thing to note that has bothered me about the WWII period ships for quite some time: the use of the bright red life rings is IMO incorrect, most life rings of the time seem to be painted to match the rest of the ship.

I will also note that the yellow bottles are not "firefighting gear" as they are labeled on the parts sheets but rather acetylene and oxygen bottles for welding. If you are trying to show firefighting gear on your ship, best to draw a fireplug and a rolled up firehose next to it. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Archipelagian IslesPosted: April 29th, 2013, 11:10 am
Philbob: Thanks! :)

Colloseum: Why haven't you mentioned this before?! :x ;) :lol: I have used those yellow bottles and the red liferings since forever, since when I started with shipbucket one of my main example drawings of details was the SoDak by Midnightnova, which included the bottles as well as the red liferings, and since everyone else uses the latter. I'll see to fixing it.

I'm not entirely sure how to make liferings that match the rest of the ship though, since they will be very hard to see(unless outlining them, in which case they might look to thick...). should I simply ignore adding life rings, or try to work around it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Archipelagian IslesPosted: April 29th, 2013, 11:27 am
generally the liferings should be tried to make matching the true colors they were...not just in WWII, but other eras and periods as well. The dark orange ones are just one of those "basics" that were in the orginal partsheets and orginal drawings, but i don't think the intention was never to be fixing their color to that particular one.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Archipelagian IslesPosted: May 5th, 2013, 9:14 am
Killer virus on the computor forced me to do a complete system recovery, so all my WIPs and parts sheets are gone... I'll try to restore them, but further progress might be a while.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: