Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Haiti: A Short AUPosted: December 4th, 2013, 11:24 am
Since the dissolution of military regimes and the end of political instabilities in the 1980s, Haiti rose as a growing country in the Carribean with a competitive economy and well-organized government.

Purchased from the United States in 2011, the ship undergone massive refit by the French company of DCNS from 2011-2012, before she was commissioned in 2013. Named after the Haitian revolutionist Toussaint L'Ouverture who fought against French colonial rule, the ship was the largest vessel of the Haitian Navy.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of the Philippines AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

Last edited by ruzzelsuallo on December 5th, 2013, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Haiti: A Short AUPosted: December 4th, 2013, 11:55 am
The ship name and country (in 14 px font) is misaligned with the artists' name in the credits.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Haiti: A Short AUPosted: December 4th, 2013, 4:31 pm
...and I know for one, that Squizzy DID NOT use that outdated variant of the Mk32 triple ASW torpedoes! - Why wreck a perfectly good drawing by adding your own amateurish details! If I were Squizzy, I'd feel offended! - Other errors etc, I'll leave to the other members to point out.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Haiti: A Short AUPosted: December 4th, 2013, 5:18 pm
I'm not going to comment on technical details of the drawing, but rather on the general idea of that AU - one thing is that I'm not sure if the time since the fall of Duvalier regime (1986) would be enough to transform Haiti into a country with "well-organized government" and "competitive economy" able to support operations of so sizeable vessel (I believe that in the post-war era the largest vessel of the Haitian navy was an ex-US ATA class auxiliary patrol ship). ;)
That said, I think that with it's colourful history Haiti has a significant potential for a very interesting AU if someone would be courageous enough to try doing it, starting with early/mid XIX century (actually, Haiti had a quite sizeable fleet these days).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: