Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 21st, 2013, 1:56 pm
Plan for Cold War PH.Navy:

4 x Fletcher class destroyers (locally-upgraded in 1969)
4 x Barnegat class FF ( real PH recived 4, but my drawing is not the real modifications)
4 x Cannon class DE
6 x Auk class
PCEs, SCs, LST-1 class and other crafts

I will add the dark side of my AU: the Marcos era, in which Navy ships were poorly maintained (although others were modernized during his era).

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of the Philippines AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

Last edited by ruzzelsuallo on December 24th, 2013, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 21st, 2013, 5:00 pm
Nice, but as long you are close to one of the most powerful Air Forces in Asia (China), my opinion is that you need AAW ships..

Do you intend to add submarines? Just for curiosity,I do not have anything to propose from my AU.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 12:59 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
Nice, but as long you are close to one of the most powerful Air Forces in Asia (China), my opinion is that you need AAW ships..

Do you intend to add submarines? Just for curiosity,I do not have anything to propose from my AU.
Because of internal threats, the Department of Defense focused on modernizing the Air Force and Army than the Navy, and we have enough capability to "defend" any threats imposed by China's air force which is smaller than what it is now.

Nope...no subs yet...i'll follow what South Korea did, they had submarines in 1990s.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 1:01 am
South Korea also realized the threat of China after the Senkaku disputes, so they focused themselves on AAW ships and ASW. It is too late for them to realize these threats, as what PH did after the Spratlys Dispute.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 2:19 am
ruzzelsuallo wrote:

...Fletcher FRAM
...Barnegat class FF ( real PH recived 4, but my drawing is not the real modifications)
Parehas tayo ng iniisip sir. :lol:

Stercus accidit! :)

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 3:17 am
kerkie wrote:
ruzzelsuallo wrote:

...Fletcher FRAM
...Barnegat class FF ( real PH recived 4, but my drawing is not the real modifications)
Parehas tayo ng iniisip sir. :lol:
hahahaha......

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 3:55 am
I think some Oliver Hazard Perry frigates would be great for the late Cold War era (1980's).

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 4:11 am
Judah14 wrote:
I think some Oliver Hazard Perry frigates would be great for the late Cold War era (1980's).
The Barnegat class will be replaced with the MEKO, which is still in active service.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 22nd, 2013, 2:01 pm
MEKO is a good solution,OHP is a cheap AAW vessel with limited ASW capabilities. She is adequate for that she was designed for.

Since I do not use any MEKOs in my AU, real hellenic MEKO-200HN is free. And she has a very good sloution in positioning the Phalanx CIWS.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 23rd, 2013, 7:01 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
MEKO is a good solution,OHP is a cheap AAW vessel with limited ASW capabilities. She is adequate for that she was designed for.

Since I do not use any MEKOs in my AU, real hellenic MEKO-200HN is free. And she has a very good sloution in positioning the Phalanx CIWS.
I already have my MEKO 200 design, see it on the first page....4 ships were built and replaced the modernized Barnegat class

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 5 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: