Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 70 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 168 69 70 71 7276 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 9:20 am
Certainly looks different from all those Burke clones and gives a more distinctive outline. Both the Rockhampton and Castlemaine classes look great and are drawn to your usual high standards.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 10:32 am
a little underwater (and above water) shading would be nice, at the moment she look a bit flat!
it looks like you have used black line to mark surfaces that are under 90 degrees bend(faced) to each other (slightly darker grey than hull color are my recommendation)
I love how all rotating radars are rotating on every drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 11:57 am
VERY nice work Easty old chap :!:

Jolly WELL DONE sir :D

(Am loving your Badges as well matey. Very good my friend :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Is there a tutorial for shading as I would love to know how to do it properly

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 1:24 pm
LEUT_East wrote: *
Is there a tutorial for shading as I would love to know how to do it properly
There is one, we call it the 45 degree shading rule:
Quote:
The basics:
The 45 degrees shading rule is quite simple. Everything that is more horizontal then vertical gets shaded. So, where the hull is vertical (90 degrees angle with the waterline), it is unshaded, where it is horizontal (0 degrees with the waterline) it is shaded. The edge of the shaded area is exactly in between: 45 degrees with the waterline.

- Shade lighter the parts facing up (for example ducted propellers or torpedo belts). Here count the same rules, just facing the other way.
- Overhang shade under overhangs, even under water. (This is just the standard sb overhang shading, and I only use this when it is not clear otherwise there is an overhang. This is mostly the
case in the stern when a skeg is used. It is NOT usable for shading under bilge keels)
- Above the waterline shading. It is best to stay consistent in the shading style from keel to main deck, as these parts run over into each other fluently.

(acelanceloet, when he have time, should see if he can update the drawing links)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5460

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 11th, 2017, 6:39 pm
The drawings are up to your usual standard, of course. I think some 25mm or equivalent might be welcome for policing duties and anti-piracy roles, probably one on either beam aft. Not sure offhand where I'd put them exactly.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 12th, 2017, 9:23 am
Thanks for the advice chaps. I have had a got at it on the Rockhampton class (see updated images on previous page) :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 19th, 2017, 5:27 am
Updated both classes with hull shading.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 19th, 2017, 10:07 pm
So, I don't have a good feel and/or I don't really remember. What's the practical difference between the frigate and destroyer? They seem similar enough in size and outfit that it would make more sense to pick a single design and build more of them.

(Also, the bow thruster diagram on the destroyer needs to be moved forward, and poor D08 ran under a low-hanging bridge ;))

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: June 28th, 2017, 5:56 pm
Nice work LEUT_East ;-)
Small nitpick IMHO: you use different window colors for the ships and helos, maybe you wanna unify these tho the better looking light blue?

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 70 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 168 69 70 71 7276 »

Jump to: