Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2376 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 12:59 am
It looks nice, but I can't figure out why a coast guard would ever use a color as low-viz as hazy blue.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 5:55 am
Multi-Role Vessel (MRV) 70

The MRV 70s are responsible for protecting Australia's maritime areas, offshore assets, and external territories from threats, including the exploitation of natural resources, people smuggling, importation or exportation of drugs and other illegal items, piracy, and terrorism. These vessels are primarily in-shore based but are able to conduct limited "blue water" operations.

[ img ]

Flinders Class Specifications:
Type In-Shore Catamaran
Crew 3 Officers and 22 Non-commissioned Officers
Displacement 500 tonnes
Length 70 metres
Beam 16.5 m
Draught 2.2 metres
Speed 28 knots
Navigation/Surface Search Radar Lowrance NR-1080i
Propulsion 2 x MerCruiser KDR-92TT, 2 x Hamilton Waterjets

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 7:47 am
Nice color schemes.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 9:18 am
Collins Class SSK

MihoshiK drew this wonderful rendition of a modified Collins Class SSK for my AU.
[ img ]
The submarine arm consists of 6 boats:
IFAS Collins
IFAS Taylor
IFAS Carwardine
IFAS Synnot
IFAS MacDougall
IFAS Woolrych

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 11:52 am
The whole thought behind this was that late in the original acquisition process, the navy decided to go with a bigger bow sonar for the Collins. This radically altered the bow shape, but neither the Australian Government nor Kockums were willing to pay for a new series of hydrodynamics testing! This resulted in the Collins being relatively noisy, and needing some serious redesign of the sail and casing to lower the noise to acceptable levels.
My drawing assumes that testing WAS done, and that the original sonar was retained (The bow shape mimicks that of other Kockums designs). Some alterations to the sail were made anyway, resulting in a very silent boat.
Of course, that's not to say that this iteration of the Collins class avoided all of the problems that plagued it in real life...

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 28th, 2014, 1:23 pm
i like new color schemes :o

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 29th, 2014, 7:01 am
Revised Fleet Air Arm sheet:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 29th, 2014, 9:25 am
Is the Airbus A-3 Akurra a MPA?

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 29th, 2014, 4:24 pm
From the looks of it it's AWACS.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 29th, 2014, 5:37 pm
It's an A310 with what looks like the Wedgetail system (or the Airbus equivalent to it) so it'd be an AWACS - and a very awkward setup at that, especially since the A310 is an airframe no longer in production (that, and a relatively rare airframe to begin with with most of the extant examples "timing out"). Why not go with a 737 or A319 platform? Both of those airframes have more than enough room and range to cover what you really want. Heck go with the Raytheon Sentinel on the G550 so you have commonality with LADS.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2376 »

Jump to: