Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 547 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: July 30th, 2014, 5:01 am
Hi, this is my first ever post so it may not be up to your standards.

Okay, let's begin then

I had made an AU of the world where in the Indian Ocean there are two large islands and they are a part of a fictional nation called the Republic of Rossiya

I will post more on this nations if you guys want to know more about it

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: July 30th, 2014, 5:14 pm
I'd like to know more about the origin of the name "Rossiya", since the one entity I'm thinking about is the huge imperial one in the north... Maybe it could be an interesting idea to explore the possibilities of using a name more local, in whatever tongue you'd prefer? It might end up as a more exciting affair...

Anyway, a warm welcome to Shipbucket, and the very best luck to your AU!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: July 31st, 2014, 5:14 pm
Yeah, that's rather surprising name. Maybe rather something like Novaya Rossiya (New Russia)?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: July 31st, 2014, 10:08 pm
Quote:
Yeah, that's rather surprising name. Maybe rather something like Novaya Rossiya (New Russia)?
Well, firstly it was inhabited before the formation of Imperial Russia so that why it was not called Novaya Rossiya

Also, the Republic of Rossiya used to be the Empire of Rossi until the British took over in 1612.
Rossiyans were under British for about two hundred years and thirty one years as they fought for liberation in 1863 with complete independence in 1865

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 1st, 2014, 8:51 pm
Then why, of all words that exist in all languages, it has to be named "Rossiya"?
"New Ruthenia" then?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 2nd, 2014, 12:06 am
Alright since everyone is questioning the name of the nation,
I am changing it to Republic of Yuzahinaya

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 2nd, 2014, 2:51 am
Welcome Aboard OberstAmiruddin :)

I think people should fuss less about the name, rather the ships first ;) After all we are Ship-bucket not how-good's-your-alternate-nation bucket(HGYANbucket for short)

What do you have lined up for us first?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 2nd, 2014, 6:29 am
Welcome,
Show us your ships ! Or share the back story so we can think up silly ideas 8-) .

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 2nd, 2014, 7:03 am
Rodondo wrote:
Welcome Aboard OberstAmiruddin :)

I think people should fuss less about the name, rather the ships first ;) After all we are Ship-bucket not how-good's-your-alternate-nation bucket(HGYANbucket for short)

What do you have lined up for us first?
Well it would be WW1 ships first then WW2 ships
These ships will all have German, American, Japanese and to a lesser extent British (The Brits were very harsh to the Rossiyans during their colonization so the Rossiyans were quite anti-British)

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 2nd, 2014, 9:27 am
Republic of Rossiya
• Date of Independence: 1st October 1865
• Capital: Protektorat
• Language: Russian, German, English
• Population: 121 million (1917), 150 million (1944), 745 million (2014)
• Military Strength: 6 million (1917), 17.8 million (1944), 17.9 million (2014)
• GDP: $ 340 million (1917), $ 560 billion (1944), $ 14.4 trillion (2014)
• Type of Government: Republic

This nation is located on a large tear shaped landmass south of the Indian Subcontinent, slightly north of South Africa. It had no human population until the 450 B.C.E when people from the north, primarily from Russian Steppes migrated southwards and settled there. The settlements grew and by 1000 CE, the first kingdoms began to emerge. 1210 CE saw the creation of the Kingdom of Rossi which by 1354 CE, turned into the Empire of Rossi which lasted up 1612 CE when the British took over. It gained independence in 1865 as the Republic of Rossiya with assistance from the Americans. It quickly underwent through a rapid industrialization and modernization. By the 1900s, Rossiya was becoming the US of Asia. In 1916, Rossiya joined the war on the side of the Allies when a German U-boat sunk a Rossiyan cruise liner, RCS (Rossiyan Commercial Ship) Rejoice killing 314 civilians. In 1917 Rossiya signed the Treaty of Troktsyin where Rossiya gains access to British Naval Bases in the South East Asia and a reduction in tax when trading. After the First World War, Rossiya adopted a similar policy of isolationism of that of the United States. It did not ratify the Treaty of Versailles or join the League of Nations. 1925, Rossiya signed an economical agreement with the USSR, as Rossiya was on friendly terms with it. When the Great Depression hit, Rossiya was not that badly affected as it had been internally trading. Rossiya joined the Second World War in 1942 when the Japanese destroyed the Rossiyan naval fleet in Singapore, costing Rossiya a carrier, 4 battleships, 6 cruisers, 8 destroyers and 2,400 lives. Rossiya was the only nation to deploy forces on both sides of the European theater of war, Western Europe Front and the Eastern European Front. After the war, Rossiya turned into an economical powerhouse and it was a serious threat to both USSR and USA during the course of the Cold War.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 547 »

Jump to: