Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 45 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 143 44 45 46 47 »
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 3rd, 2015, 9:01 am
Hi Oberst,

Can you define "more automated" on the AA guns? I suspect they'd be replaced with new models, only I find it difficult to picture somebody installing 100mm AA in '75. I don't know of any naval gun mount (perhaps somebody with more knowledge can advise?) that can just become more automated.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 3rd, 2015, 9:34 am
OTO-Breda developed a 100+ rounds capacity magazine for the 40mm/70 that made it possible to operate it remotely without loaders.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 3rd, 2015, 9:48 am
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Oberst,

Can you define "more automated" on the AA guns? I suspect they'd be replaced with new models, only I find it difficult to picture somebody installing 100mm AA in '75. I don't know of any naval gun mount (perhaps somebody with more knowledge can advise?) that can just become more automated.

Regards,
Adam
Oh I forgot to edit that, the 100 mm anti-air cannons were replaced with newer automated ones.
The Bofors I will replace them with newer ones later in a 1985-1995 remodel of these battleships

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 3rd, 2015, 9:52 am
You might keep the same ammo and even the same barrel (but with better metallurgy/water cooling) but I think it will be a totally new build mount to fit the "more automated" stuff.

Think USN,

3'/50 single hand loaded per/WW2 - http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_3-50_mk10-22.htm
3'/50 twin semi automated 45+ - http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_3-50_mk27-33-34.ht
3'/70 twin fully automated, but didn’t really work reliably ? 50s - http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_3-70_mk37.htm
3/62 single full automated 1970+ - http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_3-62_mk75.htm

Just to add as you get more complicated later guns (and mounts) you will be able to develop less of them so it important to develop them thinking about your total fleet rather than just your BBs, Ie the twin 3/70 failed (to big so only used on a very few ships) but the single 3/62 is used on lots of smaller ships so you get volume production and therefore can afford to fix it, you should design the guns for your smaller main warships (FFGs) and then just bolt some to your BB not the other way round.

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 3:01 am
Morskoye class battleship (1985-1995)
The Morskoye class battleship underwent little change during the 1980-early 1990s, the only change were to her radar and her helicopter pad.
[ img ]
Morskoye class battleship (1995-2010)
This is the final modernization upgrade the Morskoye class battleships underwent. This time the battleships had major overhaul with the addition of CIWS, RAM, better radar, VLS missile launchers and a lengthened helicopter pad. The 5 remaining (Other 5 are in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet) battleships along with the five Nikolayvich battleships protect Rossiya's sovereignty and interests.
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on January 4th, 2015, 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dmitri97
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 5:36 am
Why are 15 guided missile battleships needed? I even was cautious with my au of putting a large nuclear cruiser in my au, and only 2 of them at that, having 15 massive guided missile battleships is insane, whats the point?

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 5:45 am
Edited the story

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 7:57 am
I have doubts about the placement of the SPY-1 arrays on the second drawing. And if you want to use SPY-1, SPS-48 is superfluous.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 8:00 am
Hi Oberst,

I'm not sure, but it looks like you are carrying an SPS-48 and an SPS-50, there's a fair bit of duplication between these sets, I think, and they're both quite heavy, iirc. Are you sure you need both?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: January 4th, 2015, 8:07 am
The SPS-48E provides a comparable data volume with the SPY-1 and has very good resistance to jam. It is the best 3D rotating radar produced in USA and I think adequate for your battleship.

In the drawing that SPY-1 array is too low.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 45 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 143 44 45 46 47 »

Jump to: