Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1540 »
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 16th, 2015, 7:10 pm
WOW this is just getting better and better. Just one question, how do you make those sheets?.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 16th, 2015, 7:40 pm
They're all done in Excel, the magic of formatting!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 16th, 2015, 9:00 pm
Very nice. :)
So I see that in Your AU You've taken the practice of giving brigades (apparently multi-battalion formations) the names sounding like British Army regiments (of battalion size).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 16th, 2015, 9:13 pm
Correct, originally it was just the Guards units that were to become brigade sized formations but with the advent of the brigade combat team doctrine it made sense to flesh out the other regiments into brigades. As they keep do keep their core regiments they are technically worthy of their naming convention. It's mainly the extra additions which upscale them into brigade territory (organic reconnaissance, artillery etc) rather than a true Brigade in the British sense with multiple regiments.

There are still the odd regiments here and there, mainly artillery and armoured as well as support units units but most of the 'building blocks of war' are combat teams.

Also of note is there are administrative divisions such as the Household Division mentioned in the PDF, the others I've yet to name up but they are there...

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 12:17 pm
[ img ]

Something to ponder - Shown as ever on the eve of war, a provisional study of a Mod.1929 Treaty Cruiser. A Nottingham class if you will... (half way between a York and a Northampton!)

- 9,250t Standard
- 570ft*67ft*20ft ~WL
- 32kts Max. 15kt Long-range cruise.
- 10,000nmi cruising radius

- 100mm external belt over machinery and boilers
- 70mm internal boxes over magazines and barbettes
- 30-60mm deck plating
- 25mm closing bulkheads
- 25mm plating over bridges fore and aft

- 3*3 8"/50 of either French or British origin.
- 4*2 4"/45 (replaces earlier single mounts)
- 6*1 40mm/60 Bofors replacing single pom-poms
- 4*2 13.2mm Hotchkiss (later Browning) HMGs
- 2*3 550mm TT sets
- 1x Floatplane, in this case a Vindicator.

I'm not 100% happy with how they look but hey ho.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 12:36 pm
That's a fantastic looking cruiser Blackbuck! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 12:50 pm
Nice cruiser! It is realistic and believable.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 2:11 pm
Very nice cruiser,
My only comments would be why bother with 13.2mm Hotchkiss and I'm not sure pre war officer would accept 40mm on turret roofs (why not put 2 on each side of the forward funnel ?) and maybe a hangar for the seaplane if you are in N Atlantic ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 3:06 pm
Thanks all!

Because 23mm cannon are somewhat hard to come by before the outbreak of hostilities ditto 13.2mm Brownings, so stockpiles of Hotchkiss MGs would be what we'd have available for use.
I'd also think that I'd much rather keep my firing arcs intact than have to cater to the whims of individuals. As for a hangar, if you can find a way to add a sizable chunk of top-weight large enough to hold a Vindicator or N-3PB be my guest I'd have included one if I thought I could fit one on there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 30th, 2015, 6:52 pm
That is a very nice blend of UK early 30's cruiser designs B.B.

So why didn't we see it in the South American Challenge? Tol Galen not building ships for export?

It is a powerful ship in that 10,000 ton class. It is not just topweight stopping a hangar but also treaty considerations with the ship already being at the top end of the scales.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1540 »

Jump to: