Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 40 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 136 37 38 39 40
adenandy
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 21st, 2018, 5:35 pm
I'd love to see some more TG Auxiliaries please Mark :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Calis
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: December 22nd, 2018, 12:06 am
This has always been one of my favorite AU's

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 7th, 2019, 4:18 pm
In the interests of keeping things ticking over.

The current royal yacht.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 7th, 2019, 5:05 pm
The King is back. All hail the King! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 8th, 2019, 9:25 am
It doesn't look enough like a Bond villain secret floating lair! :D
Looks a very workmanlike vessel, certainly seaworthy. Kind of reminds me of the Castle and Island class patrol boats. An interesting design.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 8th, 2019, 2:20 pm
I certainly wouldn't mind having one of my own to putter around in, but I'd expect such a prestigious vessel to have (relatively) soaring deck heights in the spaces where one might receive guests or conduct state business.

As drawn, she seems comfortable but workmanlike, perhaps a conversion of a hull laid down for some other purpose. Could you even keep ducting and wire runs hidden in the overhead on the main deck? What about the inevitable industrial-looking (a snooty person might say "ugly") structural bracing under the helo deck? Would this not be clad in a smooth, clean fiberglass shell or something?

The drawing quality is very nice, but I feel like the concept could use a little further exploration.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 8th, 2019, 3:16 pm
It is indeed a conversion, specifically this (Link) with some minor differences in systems here and there. I didn't particularly want to go down the same route as say Britannia et al as I think that a conversion of something would be more in keeping with today's penchant for eco-friendliness and recycling and by extension would go down better with the public than a new commission.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: January 8th, 2019, 6:13 pm
Well then, I learn something new every day!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 40 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 136 37 38 39 40

Jump to: