Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 10th, 2011, 7:23 pm
I found it most interesting to note on your map that British Columbia has apparently joined the United States. There has been some discussion - allegedly - that if Quebec gained independence then the maritime provinces might seek to join the US. I have heard no such commentary about any of the Western Provinces.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 10th, 2011, 8:09 pm
mirage2000 wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
ok. IMO, you have now posted some of the most beautifull ships ever build...... well, they were before all you changed to them. now there is not much left that is uglier. I don't know where to begin with commenting, so just follow everything else, and start using the newest guns on the sheets.... and also you have removed almost every grey line on the drawings, because of that they all look very bad and they miss shading.

Yes, I understand your reaction. It's really not my best model. :? It was absolutely a hospital ship for the fleet. The hospital ship is all white with red cross. But I am glad of your criticism will force me to redo it a ... much better way!

Feel free to send me reviews!
I don't know if you got this: I meant all ships, not only the last one.

[Profile] [Quote]
gkm
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 10th, 2011, 10:16 pm
BrockPaine wrote:
- that if Quebec gained independence then the maritime provinces might seek to join the US. I have heard no such commentary about any of the Western Provinces.
There has been some secessionist sentiments in Alberta, and maybe one of the other western prairie provinces, but Alberta has been notable. Alberta has been economically successful due to its energy sector and fiscal conservatism. And it's not too happy about most of the tax revenue from that province going to the eastern provinces, without having much say about it. Canada has two houses of parliament, with the lower house seats based on population, but the Senate is another matter - not elected, but somehow picked by the PM. Much of the dissatisfaction in Alberta was when Chretien was in office, little improvement when Paul Martin was in office. Slightly OT, but fills in the OTL political situation up there.

[Profile] [Quote]
mirage2000
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 11th, 2011, 12:23 pm
gkm wrote:
BrockPaine wrote:
- that if Quebec gained independence then the maritime provinces might seek to join the US. I have heard no such commentary about any of the Western Provinces.
There has been some secessionist sentiments in Alberta, and maybe one of the other western prairie provinces, but Alberta has been notable. Alberta has been economically successful due to its energy sector and fiscal conservatism. And it's not too happy about most of the tax revenue from that province going to the eastern provinces, without having much say about it. Canada has two houses of parliament, with the lower house seats based on population, but the Senate is another matter - not elected, but somehow picked by the PM. Much of the dissatisfaction in Alberta was when Chretien was in office, little improvement when Paul Martin was in office. Slightly OT, but fills in the OTL political situation up there.
I knew a little secessionist feeling on the part of Alberta and the economic rebound. But the government of Chretien and Martin, as you say, really have not helped the situation. In Quebec, anyway, they were not very popular. As for the senate ... it is the wishes of all Canadians to be elected or that they're rid! ... Altered in this universe, there is no senate and even less room Lords, but only a Chamber of Deputies. It's funny what you can do in a world altered.

[Profile] [Quote]
mirage2000
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 11th, 2011, 12:28 pm
BrockPaine wrote:
I found it most interesting to note on your map that British Columbia has apparently joined the United States. There has been some discussion - allegedly - that if Quebec gained independence then the maritime provinces might seek to join the US. I have heard no such commentary about any of the Western Provinces.
For your information, it is quite true for the Maritime provinces except Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. As for British Columbia, is the great dream of the United States because of Alaska ... and I know it is not known to displease the people of this province to join the united states. So I did that accordingly! You can do many things in an altered universe!

[Profile] [Quote]
mirage2000
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 11th, 2011, 12:46 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
mirage2000 wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
ok. IMO, you have now posted some of the most beautifull ships ever build...... well, they were before all you changed to them. now there is not much left that is uglier. I don't know where to begin with commenting, so just follow everything else, and start using the newest guns on the sheets.... and also you have removed almost every grey line on the drawings, because of that they all look very bad and they miss shading.

Yes, I understand your reaction. It's really not my best model. :? It was absolutely a hospital ship for the fleet. The hospital ship is all white with red cross. But I am glad of your criticism will force me to redo it a ... much better way!

Feel free to send me reviews!
I don't know if you got this: I meant all ships, not only the last one.
Sorry I misunderstood, but my English is limited, I use google translation to write.

For weapons, I am based on leaves that can be found on "Part sheet discussion".

As for the shadings on ships, I will address them in the coming days, my work takes much of my time. For colors, I have a problem of blindness that does not really give me a chance!

thank you for your comment!

I'm sorry you did not like ships. But anyway, I'll certainly veeeeeery change in the coming days. The dark color of the ship demonstrates a kind of low visibility camouflage!

[Profile] [Quote]
mirage2000
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 13th, 2011, 5:04 pm
Here is the submarine class Épaulard (killer whales). The the Kingdom of Quebec signed the nuclear non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, the navy has only conventional submarines. He launched torpedoes, anti-ship Exocet missiles and Mistral missile has a retractable case to get rid of an air threat!

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm
what propulsion has this ship if it is not nuclear? AIP, diesel......
I highly doubt that the mistral is usefull for an modern sub, maybe for an diesel it can help a bit....... but still, the defence of an sub is diving.
other then that, this sub is not bad.... although I think you should take a look at the submarine thread, for the standards (which are kinda high) for subs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 13th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Ace, all subs have diesels, even nukes carry them as auxiliary power units in case something happens to the reactor, boiler or turbine.
The only exception is battery powered minisubs.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
mirage2000
Post subject: Re: Québec NavyPosted: January 13th, 2011, 5:16 pm
This is the coast guard ship class Dauphin.

Trade agreements with USA, they will provide vessels for coastal surveillance in common!

[ img ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: