Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 24  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 23 24 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 23rd, 2019, 5:08 pm
Wow! That Mosquito with radial engines is terrific!!!

Last edited by reytuerto on February 25th, 2019, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 23rd, 2019, 5:31 pm
Thanks for the praises. I didnt know my "Mosse" would be attractive, but It was fun to draw and "design" with my armchair aviation expertise :D

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 25th, 2019, 9:04 pm
Excellent!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 25th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Hi, Gollevainen:
One pair of questions (one of them is a question of many years indeed ;) ): Was is feasible to put a propeller with 3 blades instead of 2 in your Polikarpov I16 fighter and SB bombers? And the second one if about your radial version of the mighty Mosquito: Do you think that is feasible to equip the De Havilland model with a more powerful engine like the P&W R2800, or with an engine of a bigger diameter like the R2600? Thanks and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 26th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Well, like i sorta implied in my latest reply, Im not an aeronautic engineer, so aside pixelkitbashing, I wouldnt go Building my own mosquito with Shvetsovs (or atleast wouldnt fly with it :lol: ). the M-82FN itself is somewhat heavier engine than Merlin, and this naturally requires extra strenghting on the Wings supportive structures which usually mean more weigth and wingloading. Bigger engines like Douple Wasp are quite more heavier than either Merlin or M-82FN so these effects would be even more pressing. How they will affect on the flight charectaristics, I leave someone with more insight to answer.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 26th, 2019, 7:21 pm
I knew this is going to be epic! Especially the VL Pyörremyrsky is a great plane by any standards (would have been great in real situation too...).
I don't know if people here see how much effort and research has been done for these. Your last answer proves it :)
It's a true skill to bring an AU so close to reality. Great work Chief, truly amazing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 27th, 2019, 9:01 am
There is precedence for a radial Mosquito in the very similar FMA I.Ae.24 Calquin developed in Argentina. 1,050hp Pratt & Whitney R-1830-G Twin Wasp were fitted, partly due to availability and plans for a Rolls-Royce powered version were stillborn.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: February 27th, 2019, 1:37 pm
Yea, the Calquin is close reference, though Twin Wasp is in the roughly same weigth class than Merlins.
Anyway, there naturally will be now a longer hiatus since I need to get the jet age in order before I can start posting anything
This first part of the aviation was quite easy, since the OTL Finnish aircraft manufacturing and straighfoward soviet analongs provided good
basis. Now, for post-45 period I really need to start invent stuff from my own head :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 11:07 am
Ok, then we continue to the 1950's. Due the time constraints, I decided not to continue typing the characteristics of OTL planes, you can all go and check them from Yefim Gordon or elsewere. Only the planes
which details I've altered, those are included. Descriptions remains how ever.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Finnish AU (Part III)Posted: March 24th, 2019, 9:50 pm
These are, as usual excellent drawings, but I find the new colour of the cockpit glass a little too transparent, and would like a slightly darker shade. As it is now, on the first drawing I thought you had missed the cockpit entirely :(

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 24  [ 238 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 23 24 »

Jump to: