Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: September 7th, 2015, 8:50 pm
My only issue with the ship is its paintjob, or rather the lack of one. I know the reconstruction in Wismar is just plain brown and Cogs were supposed to be fairly cheap vessels, but I've just never agreed with that interpretation. Just about everything else that survives from those days painted and decorated extensively and I see no reason why they'd stop when it came to Cogs. We have fairly good indications that they painted other types of ships at the time, though we don't know exactly what they used. What we do know is that unprotected wood in surface water rots like nothing else.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: February 18th, 2016, 11:33 pm
Now presenting Salide's new map!

I've added all the city names, which reflect the Gaelic, Germanic, and Norse settler's naming conventions. Gothaburg is obviously named after the Goths.

image removed

It is not entirely conformal to my new map standards, but I've done my best to update it close as possible. I would add a bathymetric view, but I still have no idea as to what would be going on down there, especially with all those small little islands.

-EZ

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

Last edited by ezgo394 on January 17th, 2021, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: February 19th, 2016, 12:56 am
Named after the Goths ?

Hot summer could wipe out Goth population.
... climatologists said yesterday that a long hot summer could spell doom for one of Britain's most unusual monochrome inhabitants, the Goth.

Not sure if your choice of uniform would work so good.

[ img ]

Sorry Ethan I could not resist it .
:D

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: February 19th, 2016, 1:34 am
:lol: I should've known there would be one person!

But no, it's these Goths:
ezgo394 wrote:
In the early 3rd Century a large group of Visigoths of northern Iberia migrated north and landed on the Southern Island, as well as a group of Saxons who landed on the eastern Grand Island in the latter half of the 3rd Century. The group of Visigoths that migrate to Salide's South Eastern Island are then after called Hansigoths, literally meaning 'group/band of Goths.'
Visigoths ;)

-Ethan

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: February 21st, 2016, 8:08 pm
Nice traditional uniforms!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: December 26th, 2017, 1:03 am
Not much more to it, but here is the (I'm almost certain this time) official, completed Map of Salide, with hydro and a fancy border.

[ img ]

And a bonus! The South Pacific Territory (technically, it is all Denton's, aside from one archipelago, which was originally Salide's)

[ img ]

Now if I could just finish Denton's map... :? (hint, it's about 10 times bigger than Salide's map...)

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: December 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm
Looks awesome, glad you are updating these threads.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: January 5th, 2018, 9:12 pm
Some variation in the bathymetric detail would be great - if you look at maps of the real world, water depth doesn't exactly follow coastlines. Create some areas of shallows, or large trenches right off coasts with mountains. An idea of the tectonic forces at play always helps.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: January 6th, 2018, 2:26 am
Yeah, I see your point. It is a little difficult, given that I placed Salide with no regards to the Bathymetry of that area. However, I'll play with it and see what I can come up with.
Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
rundrewrun99
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of SalidePosted: January 6th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Love the maps and ships! Looking forward to more awesome stuff!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »

Jump to: