Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 41 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4358 »
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 13th, 2017, 11:50 pm
And there I was hoping you had remembered how to draw ships :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 15th, 2017, 3:18 am
Let the man post what he wants... he's provided more real-life drawings than most of the members on this board combined. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 12:12 pm
Outdated - See Here

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 30th, 2020, 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 1:04 pm
Fantastic.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 6:34 pm
Hi BB

Although I am no particular fan of the aesthetic of the completely flat flattop, these are extremely well executed and highly realistic. Looking forward to the Soryu- and Zuikaku- clones (maybe with Islands??)!!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 6:59 pm
Very nice work BB1987, well worth the wait.

I do like the way you have progressed the drawings of the ship, trying to fit ever more aircraft aboard. Normal problem is the newer aircraft get bigger and more capable than the aircraft they replace.

I look forward to more KnK ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Fantastic.
Thanks.
Krakatoa wrote: *
Very nice work BB1987, well worth the wait.
I look forward to more KnK ships.
Yes, I got into a big bottleneck by having to complete WWII Kokoan history and the Ahodoris, while hitting at the same time one of those "I need to take a break from ships" moment. I will probably be a little more proficent in days to come.
Krakatoa wrote: *
I do like the way you have progressed the drawings of the ship, trying to fit ever more aircraft aboard. Normal problem is the newer aircraft get bigger and more capable than the aircraft they replace.
Yes, I've always noticed how while progressing with the war, the US Navy other than putting literally dozens of carriers in the water also made full use of deck parking to maximize their offensive potential while Japan, altready struggling to rebuild its carrier force to pre-Midway status kept carrying the entire complement below deck. Something made worse by the fact that most of their carrier-based planes had only folding wingtipps or nothing at all while US ones had full folding wings. Putting them even more at disvantage. So I somewhat came with the idea of having Koko trying out with deck-parking late in the war, nothing even remotely able to tip the balance, but interesting notheless.
Garlicdesign wrote: *
Although I am no particular fan of the aesthetic of the completely flat flattop, these are extremely well executed and highly realistic. Looking forward to the Soryu- and Zuikaku- clones (maybe with Islands??)!!
To see a Kokoan carrier with an island comparable to "western" standard you'll have to -unfortunately- wait for the postwar years. Sure thing is that you might still be pleased to eventually see a Japanese-styled CVL with an -albeit small- island structure. The actual IJN had all of them "flat flattops" with the exception of the Ibuki, which was not even completed.
More so, you know it has been a long time when I don't even remember when I do spoilered you with the Souryuu and Zuikaku variants :lol: .

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 9:09 pm
Awesome work! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 18th, 2017, 9:51 pm
AWESOME! Well worth the wait, and glad to see your 'shipyard' resuming production! :D I really like the Ryujo-esque look to the 'as-completed' Ahodori.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)Posted: August 19th, 2017, 7:43 am
This is some amazing art, i personally loved the design of Japanese carriers and love your interperation of the design

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 41 of 58  [ 573 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4358 »

Jump to: