Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 3:51 am
Stuart Slade is The last guy in this list. He's the author of the TBO series (The first Novel was entitled "The Big One" and can be found on Amazon. It's an Alternate History where the UK fell in 1941 (and no Sea Lion). A LOT of Nazi-wankers hate it because even with the wonder-weapons, German still looses and big. He's also the author of the soon to be published "The Salvation War: Armageddon?" novel. His writing style turns some people off, as there is no omniscient narrator. Other people don't like him because of what he has written professionally (a few death threats over his works on Naval forces and systems).

While UK born, and some point in the 1990's he became an American Citizen. And I'm proud to call him a friend.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 4:57 am
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about those books.

And yeah... using him as a source doesn't inspire me. <_<

Edit:
TimothyC wrote:
  1. You don't store liquid fuel missile fueled. I think you know that, but I need to make sure
  2. All of the Rockets that I listed that are in the super heavy size bracket use LOX, and either RP-1 (Kerosene) [Technically Energia used RP-1 in the boosters only, and H2 for the main core] or H2.
  3. #2 means that you need a cryogenic plant on site, and hardened. These sites are getting very very big, very very quickly.
1: Better tell the Russians that, they've managed to do it.

3: It's based in a massive dam complex that also serves as the HQ for the Belkan Military. Yeah, ACZ rip.
TimothyC wrote:
And Ξ”V is finite. Every m/s you spend on fixing the launch angle is one less to use to avoid my IADS.
Mind stating what Ξ”V & m/s means first? I'm assuming Attack Vector for the first one.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 5:09 am
Delta V?

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 8:41 am
[ img ]

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 10:16 am
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
And Ξ”V is finite. Every m/s you spend on fixing the launch angle is one less to use to avoid my IADS.
Mind stating what Ξ”V & m/s means first? I'm assuming Attack Vector for the first one.
Ξ”V is velocity variation(acceleration), which doesn't only mean changing the magnitude of the velocity but direction as well(so attack vector isn't totally wrong). What Timothy is saying is since you have limited energy, you can't change directions without losing speed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 10:44 am
that and the more vigorously you change direction the more energy is bled off.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 12:42 pm
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about those books.

And yeah... using him as a source doesn't inspire me. <_<
Why not? He's worked in the 'Military Industrial Complex' all of his life. Have you read his books? Have you read is professional literature? What exactly don't you like about the man/?

And my source for the performance are official USAF Standard Aircraft Characteristics sheets that my friend Ryan (AKA Mark Sheppard) has scanned and put online.
1: Better tell the Russians that, they've managed to do it.
Really? Source?
3: It's based in a massive dam complex that also serves as the HQ for the Belkan Military. Yeah, ACZ rip.
Oooooo. I only have one place to strike then. That means it's easier to kill. A lot easier. (Lets see if anyone here can catch the corollary to that statement).
TimothyC wrote:
Really? Ξ”V is 'Delta V' or a change in velocity. Because velocity is a vector function with both magnitude and direction, Ξ”V can be both changing how fast you are going, and what direction you are pointing. 'm/s' is meters per second. Anyone doing anything serious with rockets should know what those are.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: July 29th, 2010, 4:07 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Why not? He's worked in the 'Military Industrial Complex' all of his life. Have you read his books? Have you read is professional literature? What exactly don't you like about the man/?

And my source for the performance are official USAF Standard Aircraft Characteristics sheets that my friend Ryan (AKA Mark Sheppard) has scanned and put online.
I haven't personally read his work, but I do trust what I'm told about him on SecretProect.co.uk.

Quote:
Really? Source?
Lemme see, lemme see, lemme see... We have the R-29/R/R-2s/RM, the second stage of the RT-20P, the massive R-36M, and I'm sure if I looked through FAS more I'd find more missiles with storable liquid rocket fuel.

Quote:
Oooooo. I only have one place to strike then. That means it's easier to kill. A lot easier. (Lets see if anyone here can catch the corollary to that statement).
That also means you have a much heavier defense net to get through.(And the snide insult isn't needed)
TimothyC wrote:
Really? Ξ”V is 'Delta V' or a change in velocity. Because velocity is a vector function with both magnitude and direction, Ξ”V can be both changing how fast you are going, and what direction you are pointing. 'm/s' is meters per second. Anyone doing anything serious with rockets should know what those are.
Well, I'm not doing anything serious with rockets outside of bottlerocket wars, so I'm excused. :P

Anywho, it has an engine which can be used to regain energy. You seem to keep thinking of this as a normal RV, it's not. It's a missile in all but name.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: BelkalandPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 5:03 pm
well about your von damon-class BBGN well i dont think its very realistic having alot of big connons was over after yamato sunk.the ship is too long,if you have missles why have so much connons you can only use it for artilary anyway.and having small connons on the side are not needed only WWII BB's had connons on the side and they where used for AA and with does connons their is no way for shooting anything down that is modern.
but i really like that ship it looks very cool but i dont think it realistic but really nice job on the ship.

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Posted: August 3rd, 2010, 5:06 pm
Realism can and does go out of the window with AU scenarios sometimes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to β€œAlternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: