So here I present you my second AU try... I hope this one is better than the first one but I think after some good input mainly from JSB I think it will be better this time.
• name: Kingdom of Normeer (constitutional monarchy)
• anthem: “König und Land zum Dienste” (“For the kings and country’s duty”)
• capital: (Hansestadt) Heiligenburg (820.000)
• official language: German
• recognized language: English, Danish, Swedish, south-east area: Polish
• form of government: constitutional monarchy with one parliament and a prime minister (the King/ the Queen owns the executive power)
• several ministers for the different parts (economy, national security, foreign, interior, finance and more)
• area: about 45.000 km²
• population: about 5.900.000
• annual growth: 1.2% (0.9% per birth, 0.3% per immigration)
• density: 131 per km²
• currency: Nordmark nM/ M (0,8 per USD)
• export/import: 1/0,99954
• time zone: GMT + 1
• date formats: DD/MM/YYYY
• drives on the: right
• internet tld: .nm
• calling code: +025
• Normerr is a little archipelago. In the time of 1300 a monarchy was found with their economy in the sector of agriculture, fishing and forestry. Before there were several other monarchy’s but this one is the first which was “official” mentioned.
• A cooperation with the Hanseatic League and an organized trade with other surrounding countries and the hanseatic towns leads to a rising of wealth and prosperity of the Normerr at the beginning of 1400.
• In the time between 1500 and 1700 Normerr grows bigger and bigger. Some surrounding islands join the country others were captured. In this time the country evolves its strong naval forces we all know today. In the flowering time big parts of Denmark and the southern coastline of the Baltic Sea belong to this country.
• Around 1760 the mining industry grows. This was instigated by the industrialization and the new technologies coming from England. That doesn’t mean that there were no mining industry before but at this time it becomes important for Normerr’s economy.
• Around 1800 the Denmark war happens. The Denmark Kings establish a big army together with several partners. The surrounding countries support this war because they don’t want to have a too strong nation in the Baltic Sea. After this conflict Normerr moved out of Denmark territory.
• Around 1850 several riots were born due the political situation in France and the German empire. As a result the monarchy was formed into a constitutional monarchy with their own, modern constitution.
• After this the economic power rises. The whole infrastructure of Normerr was improved.
• Around 1870 several conflicts in Africa take place. In this time Normerr captured a colony from another country mainly for prestige reasons (little island on the west coast). This was possible because of the strong naval force and the good support of the armed forces.
• Around 1900 the naval forces were improved as a reaction of the rising of the British and German navy to stay more independent in an armed conflict or a sea blockade. Normerr never planned to challenge Germany or Great Britain but the government recognized that it’s important to have a strong navy.
• 1914: Normerr joins the first world war on the German side mainly because the good relationship to the German Empire since the 1880s. The military success on the eastern front comes quick. The Russian naval forces weren’t able to stop the high powered naval forces of the country and Germany.
• Between 1914 to 1918 smaller military operations, mainly of the naval forces and the air force support Germany.
• After the treaty of Brest-Listovsk in 1918 Normerr capitulates to the Western forces. This was mainly done because the war was nearly over and the military head of the German empire refused to change their tactics so both countries can fight efficient together.
• Normerr was not punished in the treaty of Versailles because it’s early capitulation. It only was punished with reparation repayments and the transfer of technology, mainly the naval one to GB. The western borders and parts of the eastern ones were moved back to their state of 1914. The country didn’t lose its colony because the British don’t considering the territory as important.
• After 1920 Normerr also has to fight with the financial crises. A big inflation like in other countries didn’t happen because the government have a very effective financial politic and a strong export orientated economy.
• 1926 first attempted putsch caused by the political putsches in Germany. As a result a kind of secret service was found. Its main task was to protect the state and the constitution against revolts.
• In 1934, after the political situation changed in Germany, the constitution was improved. Several mistakes were corrected and the parliament gets more power so the country gets more democratic.
• 1934-1939 the strength of the armed forces was improved and the army was modernized. This was necessary as a result of the German military power was rising and the country wants to stay safe, after the political situation in Germany becomes more extreme Normerr dissociate from Germany. However technology was transferred until the Second World War starts in 1939.
• Normerr stays innocent in world war two. However Germany occupied the territories of Normerr on the German/ Polish “mainland” and in 1944/45 several German submarines were attacked and destroyed/ captured after they did attack convoys of Normerr.
• 1945 the Second World War was over. The country was supported by the west allies. In the Versailles treaty the territories of 1939 which were captured by the Germans in 1940 were given back to Normerr.
• Until 1950 the American and British units stayed in the country.
• In 1953 the country’s colony was send into independence. However it received economic, financial and military support until the present days.
• In the cold war several incidents with soviet submarines happens but that only leads to diplomatic trouble but no armed conflict.
The “mainland” parts are shown in the form after 1945. There were several plebiscites but the inhabitants vote to stay under Normerrs control. This is no disadvantage for Sweden (since 1950), Germany and Poland (both since 1991) because this countries can reach the coastlines and use the harbors under better tax and customs duty conditions. So many big harbors of the “mainland” are run by Normerr and its neighbors.
Armed forces of Normerr
• Königliche Landstreitkräfte (his/ her majesty army): 20.000
• Königliche Seestreitkräfte (his/ her majesty navy): 12.000
• Königliche Luftwaffe (his/ her majesty airforce): 8.500
• Königliche Jäger (his her majesty special forces): about 1000 (no official number)
• total: 41.500
• home guard: about 50.000
• police: königliche Gendarmerie (his/ her majesty gendarmerie): 50.000
• military police: Feldgendarmerie (his/ her majesty military gendarmerie): 1.500
Modern military operations
• 2003: 3rd Gulf War: Normerr was not fully involved but support NATO forces mainly with air support and logistical support
• 2006-2014: Afghanistan: Normerr was fully involved. Normerr provides a own military camp. Several accidents happen and about 65 soldiers and several cars and helicopters were killed in action. Normerr participate in training missions for the Afghanistan security forces until 2013.
• 2011: Normerr provides logistical support and air support in Libya.
• Since 2005: Normerr participates in several peacekeeping and training missions in Africa. Several operations together with the armed forces of the African countries against criminal organizations happen. This missions mainly provided by the military police and the Special Forces.
Sniper rifles/ DMRs
Grenades/ Grenade Launchers