Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Fun AU - Republic of Foulness (AKA "Battle Isle")Posted: August 24th, 2016, 7:00 pm
:shock:
That smiley above isn't an exaggeration as much as a direct representation of my eyes after seeing the Ridgemarsh ships, and even that's missing the red squiggles...
Man, as much as I appreciate the idea of full-on color schemes for your ships, that blue palette hurts. If you look around in the archive, you can find examples of ships in more realistic and less eye-watering hues.
I was going to say something about the effort involved in repainting a complete capital ship, but considering the naval ambition of your brotherhoods, I guess that won't be an issue :lol:

Besides that, your Felixstowe will probably need some lightening. It looks largely overloaded right now, both in turrets and funnels.
Detailing is in order as well, as you might have figured.

Still, don't take that badly, that's just progress to be made, and I for one am still curious to see where you're getting at with this AU.

[Profile] [Quote]
Free Peoples Navy
Post subject: Re: Fun AU - Republic of Foulness (AKA "Battle Isle")Posted: August 26th, 2016, 6:43 pm
citizen lambda wrote:
:shock:
That smiley above isn't an exaggeration as much as a direct representation of my eyes after seeing the Ridgemarsh ships, and even that's missing the red squiggles...
Man, as much as I appreciate the idea of full-on color schemes for your ships, that blue palette hurts. If you look around in the archive, you can find examples of ships in more realistic and less eye-watering hues.
I was going to say something about the effort involved in repainting a complete capital ship, but considering the naval ambition of your brotherhoods, I guess that won't be an issue :lol:

Besides that, your Felixstowe will probably need some lightening. It looks largely overloaded right now, both in turrets and funnels.
Detailing is in order as well, as you might have figured.

Still, don't take that badly, that's just progress to be made, and I for one am still curious to see where you're getting at with this AU.
Thanks for the positive feedback. ;) I've been extremely busy with college and progress has been slow. I'm starting on submarines next.

[Profile] [Quote]
Free Peoples Navy
Post subject: Re: Fun AU - Republic of Foulness (AKA "Battle Isle")Posted: August 26th, 2016, 7:28 pm
[ img ]

Both the Maplin and Ridgemarsh Brotherhoods bought several surplus Japanese Ko-hyoteki Midget Submarines after Word War 2. The Ridgemarsh Brotherhood designated theirs as Snook Class Midget Subs, while the Maplin Brotherhood designated theirs as Mullet Class Midget Subs. As of 2016, 29 Snooks remain in service, whilst 30 were sunk in battle.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: