Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
waritem
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: October 27th, 2016, 3:00 pm
I've totally changed the bow off the battleship, i wait to choose the definitive name before to post it.
Maybe i could call it "Deutschritter".

The need for agressive policy against USSR is also motivated by the presence of a huge white russian community. their support is a need for both interior and exterior security:
- they are the indispensable auxiliary of quasi-apartheid regime of germans over latvians and estonians.
- Their cossacks divisions are the spearhead of the Baltic Landwehr (the AFW posted in FD section is part of it).

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: October 27th, 2016, 6:10 pm
I like the idea of a rebuild PD but I think the 1934 ship would benefit from,
- add a huge bulge to carry extra weight as well as protection from torpedoes.
- cut down on cost so maybe keep the old masts (just reinforced and add new HA rangefinders) as well as old funnels.

Its never going to be up to a new ship so why speed so much on it?

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 4th, 2016, 9:32 am
I've updated some drawings (almost all).
The battleship is now called "Deutschritter". I've realised that i couldn't use Bofors 105mm as it would be against the rules i've adopted myself (french or british weapons)
Here is a variant with "huge Bulge":
[ img ]
I'm torn about it: feel free to give your opinion

Here is also the "Drang nach Osten" finally rebuilt as minlayer cruiser (the finnish version will follow in an other topic):
[ img ]
I will also add the original 1933 project which was even more ambitious.

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 4th, 2016, 6:34 pm
I honestly doubt the Deutchritter is going to be worth it. You're looking at a new superstructure, a new bow, a massive set of bulges, new boilers and probably an entirely new set of auxiliary machinery on a hull that's some thirty years old and unlikely to have another ten in her.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 5th, 2016, 3:49 pm
I'm not convinced about ether, (not that they don't look nice)

Both, Big rebuilds only make sense in a treaty environment not sure how constrained you are about new ships and I think both cost to much for what you get?

Deutschritter,
Needs secondary guns to stop DD attacks, the main/AA guns are not going to cut it especially at night.
What's the AA gun, is it not rather advanced for 1934 ship ?

"Drang nach Osten"
Can you really add the extra stern mount and barbette?
Will the massive mine lanes at the stern not require a total rebuild of the stern area?

Overall will your minlayer cruiser not still be far too slow (and she cant really fight a surface battle filled with mines above the protection anyway)?
I would just cut off the main guns and turn her into a cheap hulk/ large quantity defensive mine layer?

Just take the 1923 and go much cheaper,
- Remove main guns (and singles on deck) and its protection
- rework the engines as needed as cheaply as you can (ability to use oil or mixed oil/coal and keep going for next 10 years)
- fit a mine "hangar" on the deck from stern to as far forward as you need (say middle funnel)
- Fit DP/AA guns (4"/4.7" RN would do) and some light AA heavy machine-guns on stern hangar and bow

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 7th, 2016, 5:25 pm
I should finalise (at least improve) the history of the Baltische Herzogliche Marine to contextualise those reconstruction programs.

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 11th, 2016, 6:42 pm
I just don't see how you could justify it when you'd get a better return on your money if you gathered it all up in a pile and lit it on fire

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Baltische Herzogliche MarinePosted: November 6th, 2020, 6:15 pm
As Garlicdesign have hadded his wonderfull drawing of the Rurik II, i've found the perfect base to make the "Baltische" version (before to do so for the "polska" one).........

Thank once again for all your great drawings!

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: