Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Mare Suecia: A Historical ContrivancePosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:54 pm
Quote:
Golly: Please note that the destroyers are not RL representations. The blueprints I had access to were too small to take accurate enough measures for me to consider these drawings accurate enough. In some instances, I chose to ignore the measurements I'd taken from said blueprints, simply because they didn't feel right.
If you are in need of good reference for RL presentation of the Swedish destroyers, I have quite lot of them, but no time to actually drawn anything over myself.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Mare Suecia: A Historical ContrivancePosted: March 8th, 2017, 7:37 pm
Psilander: No, it hasn't. Our AU:s share the same flag, but otherwise, are not the same. Sure, both our AU:s buff Sweden to some degree - yours to a much greater, mine to a more modest - and inevitably, we both use weapons based of Bofors designs of RL(and beyond). But I have not made Sweden a super power. I haven't even included a proper backstory, something you've done, simply because I didn't feel that it was of that great import as of now - I want to focus on the drawings and the individual ships.
Most of my designs are either shameless copies of RL ships(as is the case with the destroyers), or heavily based on existing ships and design projects, simply because that's how I wanted to play it. Most of your designs are more or less original ones, though one can trace lineage from RL vessels in some of them.
In short, I've opted for a more modest - In scale as well as execution - AU that is largely rooted in the RL navy of Sweden, with some obvious modifications, while you've gone for a much larger scale, more fictitious AU, and therefore designs more rooted in the doctorine of your AU, rather than the designs of real life.
It is inevitable that two different AU:s featuring the same RL nation will share some similarities, but that does not mean they are the same. My AU hasn't "already been done" just because you've already made a Swedish AU since several years back. You won't see anyone else on the entire 'bucket complaining when someone else makes an AU based of the same RL nation as themselves. Deal with it.
Further condescending comments like your latest will be ignored. If you take issue with other people than yourself drawings Swedish ships and making Swedish AU:s, it's not my problem.
TL;DR: I draw what I want, when I want, in whichever context I damn well please.

Golly: I'd be happy to take a look and see what I can do. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Mare Suecia: A Historical ContrivancePosted: March 8th, 2017, 8:06 pm
yes, generally everyone is entitled to post what ever scenarios and concepts they have in mind, only rules are for those concerning crediting of SB work, and that the content of the threads should be predominatly SB drawings.
Quote:
I'd be happy to take a look and see what I can do.
Well my archives are big and messy, i think it works best If I know some spesific ship and I would see what I have on them and so on.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Mare Suecia: A Historical ContrivancePosted: March 8th, 2017, 11:18 pm
Good evening!
Nice fleet with Baltic flavor, KHT!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Mare Suecia: A Historical ContrivancePosted: March 12th, 2017, 9:33 pm
Golly: Do you have anything on the Göteborg class? I feel that would probably be the most solid start for me.

reytuerto: Thank you!

A note for all; The Tre Kronor and Nordensköld have been given the top view treatment, and given a new Hawker Osprey. I was to lazy to draw a top view for the earlier part I used, so I modified the Osprey in the parts sheet to be closer to the Swedish version, and just slapped the Swedish colours unto it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: