Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
nighthunter
Post subject: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 2:50 am
Got bored, upgraded this and made it Finnish.

[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by nighthunter on March 12th, 2017, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 3:05 am
I'm not knowledgable enough to give this a thorough once over but it's gorgeous and sleek, everything a submarine should be and it looks like a very well thought out concept. The Camouflage is a great touch!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 8:26 am
llooks nice. Are those penguins TT launched?

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 8:32 am
Gollevainen wrote: *
llooks nice. Are those penguins TT launched?
Yes, yes they are. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 9:52 am
A very sleek design and everything looks good and the layout seems reasonable. Nice work on the topside camo scheme too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 13th, 2017, 8:37 am
Thanks for the compliments, gentlemen. This was originally the UEO Porpoise-class SSC, from the SSC/SSK challenge, with 4 tubes instead of the six shown. I could've made it Irish, but they can build bigger SSKs instead.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 13th, 2017, 9:20 am
I think you're squeezing in more weapons than will actually fit. The similarly sized Type 212 will only fit 13 torpedoes and nothing else at most.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: March 13th, 2017, 3:48 pm
Great work NH! This could be suited well in Finnish archipelago.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: April 16th, 2017, 2:14 pm
Your battery tanks look quite short and small. A typical submarine lead accumilator battery stands approximately three meters tall inside a blast-proof, water-proof battery tank, which adds another 50 cm to the height.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Finnish Miekkavalas-class SSC (Littoral Submarine)Posted: June 27th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Eeo wrote: *
Your battery tanks look quite short and small. A typical submarine lead accumilator battery stands approximately three meters tall inside a blast-proof, water-proof battery tank, which adds another 50 cm to the height.
Eeo,
While I appreciate the information to allow for better accuracy, that is a rough generic placement area representation for the batteries. It is not the actual battery compartment. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: