Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 40  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1440 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: October 26th, 2018, 8:26 am
Its an interesting destroyer design, I think using the German/Japanese style bow tubes layout adds something to the style and keeps things compact for a heavy torpedo broadside. I like it.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: October 26th, 2018, 10:53 am
Hood wrote: *
Its an interesting destroyer design, I think using the German/Japanese style bow tubes layout adds something to the style and keeps things compact for a heavy torpedo broadside. I like it.
Thank you very much :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 10:32 am
Removed for being outdated.

Last edited by Shigure on January 14th, 2021, 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 10:46 am
New Andreas class fleet carrier

[ img ]

Fleet Admiral F. Bradford theorized the role carriers would play in the future of naval warfare, and after much debate with the Admiralty in 1935 following the extensive experimentation with the navy's previous carrier classes, he managed to strongly convince them to extend their carrier program. In 1339 three Carpathia class carriers were commissioned which completely filled the allotted tonnage for Antaran carriers. During their construction, three state-owned naval shipyards were also completed, intended to continue the rapid expansion of the navy. The political state of the world in 1339 allowed the Antarans to blatantly break past the treaty limits without much attention, and they gladly did so. Six additional fleet carriers under the New Andreas class were ordered and constructed solely by the new state shipyards, all simultaneously.

All of Antara's fleet carriers (at least from Carpathia), are named after Antara's provinces, inheriting the naming scheme from her battlecruisers. Some of the later New Andreas's were named after battlecruisers Nucadia and Arcadia, following their sinking in 1342 and 1343, respectively.

Caprillo's airgroup sunk the light carrier Eiryū and several smaller ships during the Battle of the Matu Sea. Cheridon, East Moren and Shimada served in the Freyatic. Nucadia was the second and last of her class to have been sunk in action, this time during the Battle of Tuscadia, 1943. All in all the class as a whole was one of the most active capital ships during the war, seeing extensive service from 1342-1349, covering invasions, taking part in major naval battles, etc. None were decommissioned after the war, rather they underwent massive rebuilds and continued to serve until as late as 1400. Arcadia would be the only carrier of her class to have been preserved as a museam ship, accumulating 19 battle stars throughout her 57 years of service.

Displacement - 28 000 tonnes
Armor belt - 100mm
Speed - 32 knots
Range - 12 500nm at 16 knots
Armament - 4x2 127mm/45
Aircraft - 80-90

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Without camo:
https://i.imgur.com/O4LwJ5q.png
https://i.imgur.com/stFfy1T.png
https://i.imgur.com/mNY0tDD.png
https://i.imgur.com/9ggWEJ4.png

Ships in class:

New Andreas - scrapped, 1376
Allessia - scrapped, 1376
Cheridon - scrapped, 1387
Caprillo - sunk in action, 1343
East Moren - scrapped, 1376
Shimada - scrapped, 1376
Nucadia - sunk in action, 1345
Arcadia - preserved as museum ship, 1401
Viella - scrapped, 1376

Last edited by Shigure on April 30th, 2021, 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 10:57 am
Like my Empress Azura class BB that I drew for the fast battleship challenge, my carrier took me quite a long time to draw so it'll be a long time before I draw another. I hope everyone gets a nice idea of the design language of my Antaran carriers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 11:18 am
Now that is what I call an aircraft carrier, you did a good job on it

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 11:29 am
Beautiful carrier you've got there.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 3:16 pm
Hot damn.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 7:19 pm
Looks Ok, but: every time your 8x5" (4x2) turrets wish to fire across the flight deck you would have to suspend flight operations till the guns stop firing.

Have a look at the Essex class and what they did to help with that problem. They kept the turrets around the superstructure, but added four/six singles in sponsons off the port side.

The British seemed to have figured it out with the Ark Royal and Illustrious classes splitting their barrage armaments to half each side. Had no impact on flight operations.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: AntaraPosted: November 9th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Krakatoa wrote: *
Looks Ok, but: every time your 8x5" (4x2) turrets wish to fire across the flight deck you would have to suspend flight operations till the guns stop firing.

Have a look at the Essex class and what they did to help with that problem. They kept the turrets around the superstructure, but added four/six singles in sponsons off the port side.

The British seemed to have figured it out with the Ark Royal and Illustrious classes splitting their barrage armaments to half each side. Had no impact on flight operations.
The Japanese figured it out too, with their big (relatively speaking) guns parked on either side of the flight deck.

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 40  [ 394 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1440 »

Jump to: