Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 2:16 pm
erik_t wrote: *
I don't know merchants very well at all. Does this machinery layout make sense? It seems like, for this two-shaft setup, the diesels (I assume she's diesel) must run inboard extension shafts forward, where they would pass through gearboxes that would carry power outboard to the wing shafts. For a superstructure so far aft, only a single shaft would seem to make sense (and maybe not even then).

Alternately, relocate the superstructure forward a compartment or two (I think probably two). This will improve vision over the bow, increase the number of containers that can be shipped (since there could be two full stacks aft of the superstructure), and improve loaded versus unloaded trim :)
on this type of design, it would make sense. other container ships with rear mounted superstructure tend to be single shaft and have the propeller and rudder so far aft, that they look like the have an flat "ass"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 5:47 pm
Fabulous stuff in here, as always.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm
An extremely nice surprise to this AU go into merchant ships. I would like to see more of course. I do believe that eric_t's remark is valid, and also think that this kind of ships are usually have single propeller (my knowledge of modern, all aft merchant ships is limited).
Any way this is a wonderful turn of events, seeing merchant ships here, and they look very well drawn (as can be expected)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Sareva
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 10:52 pm
Echoing everyone's praise, these are indeed fantastic.

Quick question: Is the ship based on a real class of vessels? I assume not, but the class name makes me curious.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 13th, 2018, 5:11 am
I have moved the superstructure forward and changed the 2 screw layout to a single screw layout. Thanks all for your feedback. Now for my LNG tanker (taking a month of Sundays!).

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 16th, 2018, 8:42 am
ANL (cont)
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on January 30th, 2019, 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 16th, 2018, 6:19 pm
Looks great!

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 21st, 2018, 8:47 pm
Very nice work ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 25th, 2018, 5:16 am
XED F165 Fuel Tanker
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on January 30th, 2019, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 25th, 2018, 5:41 am
anoyher great one. good work

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »

Jump to: