Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: April 30th, 2018, 6:29 pm
Hi Easty

I would comment more frequently on this AU, but I'm afraid I'm not worthy...

Excellent work.

BTW, these parts sheet of yours... the SATCOMs and other commo gear - is that real world stuff or made up? If the latter, I plan to nick as much as possible of it if I ever find the courage to do modern Thiarian ships.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: April 30th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Another great work. Keep it up! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: April 30th, 2018, 9:33 pm
Seriously FANTASTIC work Easty old man :!:

Jolly well conceived ship old chap. I must say, I am most impressed ;)

Jolly WELL DONE old fruit. Jolly well done :)

:idea: Reminds me somewhat of a Mulberry Harbour 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: April 30th, 2018, 11:48 pm
Garlicdesign wrote: *
Hi Easty

I would comment more frequently on this AU, but I'm afraid I'm not worthy...

Excellent work.

BTW, these parts sheet of yours... the SATCOMs and other commo gear - is that real world stuff or made up? If the latter, I plan to nick as much as possible of it if I ever find the courage to do modern Thiarian ships.

Greetings
GD
Feel free to use the parts sheets. I am in the process of updating them as they are now out of date and I have changed some of the systems/fittings. This is a job I hope to have completed in the next few days. The bulk of these items are either ones I have designed or existing designs I have modified to suit AUSDEF-N operational requirements.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 1st, 2018, 4:09 pm
Very nice work ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 12:35 am
Australian National Line
The Australian National Line (ANL) was formed on 01 October 1956 as the Australian Coastal Shipping Commission with the passing of the Australian Coastal Shipping Commission Act. The organisation took around forty ships previously operated by the Australian Shipping Board, which had been formed in 1946 by the Australian Federal Government.

The Australian National Line and its predecessors acquired 20 ships made at the Whyalla shipyards in South Australia prior to 1970. Among them were freighters, colliers and bulk carriers for mineral transport.

In 1974 Australian Coastal Shipping Commission was replaced by the Australian Shipping Commission and in 1989 Australian National Line was established as a wholly owned government company. From 1998, ANL has primarily sourced it's vessels from South Korea and China.

The Australian National Line was an early member of the Australian Shipping and Defence Council (now the Australian Maritime Defence Council) which was established by the Government of Australia in 1982. Ships can, at time of war or natural/humanitarian disasters, be reassigned to the AUSDEF-N for logistics and transportation taskings.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on May 15th, 2018, 7:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 6:23 am
Beautiful work old chap

One quick question if I may though... What's the "2" on the Funnel signify please?

Jolly sound work though my friend. Well Done to you :D

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 6:32 am
adenandy wrote: *
Beautiful work old chap

One quick question if I may though... What's the "2" on the Funnel signify please?

Jolly sound work though my friend. Well Done to you :D
It signifies the ship number in the fleets inventory. Not sure if I will keep them or not.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 8:00 am
Never expected this AU to go into merchant ships, a very nice surprise.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Republic of Australia Navy (AUSDEF-N)Posted: May 12th, 2018, 1:20 pm
I don't know merchants very well at all. Does this machinery layout make sense? It seems like, for this two-shaft setup, the diesels (I assume she's diesel) must run inboard extension shafts forward, where they would pass through gearboxes that would carry power outboard to the wing shafts. For a superstructure so far aft, only a single shaft would seem to make sense (and maybe not even then).

Alternately, relocate the superstructure forward a compartment or two (I think probably two). This will improve vision over the bow, increase the number of containers that can be shipped (since there could be two full stacks aft of the superstructure), and improve loaded versus unloaded trim :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »

Jump to: