Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 615 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 23rd, 2018, 3:01 pm
The interior bits of your drawings always make them seem more real or "lived in" than pretty much anybody else's works.

Can you explain what, if anything, is the significance of the different flight deck safety nets between, say, 132 and 133?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 23rd, 2018, 8:38 pm
Splendid series!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 23rd, 2018, 10:55 pm
Outstanding drawings, the ships but the squadron insignias and ship's badges are what tops it all.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 24th, 2018, 4:27 am
erik_t wrote: *
The interior bits of your drawings always make them seem more real or "lived in" than pretty much anybody else's works.

Can you explain what, if anything, is the significance of the different flight deck safety nets between, say, 132 and 133?
The Australian shipbuilding industry is reknown for changing plans of vessels mid series so I simply applied the same to this class ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
madmike
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 24th, 2018, 6:34 am
Leut, these drawings are from real projects (although on paper)?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 24th, 2018, 8:08 pm
One of the most powerful and beautiful fleets in the Alternative World.

[Profile] [Quote]
RipSteakface
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 25th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Everything is utterly gorgeous as always, the Rockhampton in particular I think should win the USN's FFGX competition.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 25th, 2018, 8:58 pm
Here is the latest additions to my AUSDEF(N) AU.

This is the Jindivick Class Fast Patrol Boat. I have credited Navybrat85 as I used the stern from his Cyclone Class Patrol Boat and Rowdy36 as I used the keel from his Dempsy Class as a basis for the keel of the Jindivick Class.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on January 31st, 2019, 6:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 26th, 2018, 2:37 pm
A ship (almost a boat!) of that size probably could carry a Millennium Gun, but it seems like overkill. Better to downsize to a Typhoon RWS or similar, and use some of that savings to make the hull a bit bigger, fuel tanks a bit more voluminous. I wouldn't be surprised if the gun mount represented a pretty substantial fraction of the total unit cost as drawn.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 26th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Indeed, Millenium is quite expensive. Personally I would reccomend the OTO Breda 30mm/82 for these patrol vessels. Typhoon or even Mk38 25mm is also a solutuon.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 615 »

Jump to: