Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:03 pm
After completing my Novgorod AU I decided that I needed some break, not only with the actual drawing but also to the whole concept of making AU's of soviet never-wheres...I had played with them for almoust 10 years now. I needed to do something different. My plans were returning to AU concept of using the chinese equipments as a base, something that I was toying around when I first came agross the original shipbucket.

In fact the very first shipbucket drawing that I ever made was an AU idea of Project 051B Luhain class destroyer:
[ img ]

Initially I tried to continue the Comintern AU project using the chinese stuff as a base and place it in the Balkans but very fast that idea dried out. I couldn't justify it to myself anymore and thus I needed to think something else. In the Balkans, another AU idea did begun to emerge but it would deviate from the "chinese" base and I really wanted to finish it so I started looking east. First I seriously attempted to create a AU China which naturally would have gone quite well with the chinese equipments(!). However I couldn't make it work. My enthusiasm towards Russian and Slavic tendensies as well as the fact that Chinese is utterly uncomprehensible for me was just too big of an issue.

Then I looked back to my previous Novgorod AU and to a spinoff idea which emerged while ago when I was conquering the Mantsurian lands for the Novgorodians. An idea of a "Russian America", a break-away colonial nation in the Russian far east expanded into the non-core chinese lands. That idea rapidly envolved as the area was right, the best possible location for this weird perverse Russianized China and it was large enough to hoste population and a nation large enough for my desire....Its about the aircraft carriers in the end;).

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm
PART 1: Introduction

[ img ]

I wont be going for detailed history on this project as it is sort of spin-off and "in between-AU projects" project. But here are some basics so you guys can have some idea what Im after here.

History mainline (Imperial time):

-Manchu dynasty never rose in China and the Russian colonisation towards east is faster and more volumious.

-During 1773-5 the so called Pugachev uprising the former Tsar of russia (not died in this AU timeline in 1762) Peter III who is exiled into Far east rises and declears new Far Eastern Empire from the Russian far eastern holdings. After series of fightings and ceasefires Russia finaly aknowlidges Far Eastern Empire's sovreignity in 1805

-Far Eastern Empire attracts alot of immigrants from all over europe and beguns to expand its powers in the far east in expense of weakling Chinese empire. Takes over Mongolian and East Turkestan steppes.

-Under Emperor Nikolay I (commonly known as Muravyov-Amursky) the Empire begun flourish and making rapid industrial growht since 1847

-Japan emerges in the latter part of 1800's as a rival for the Empire over power in East Asia. Japan wins major war over China in 1895 and armsrace between Far Eastern Empire and Japan beguns.

-Far Eastern Empire tries to drive out Japanese from Korea which escalates into full-scale war in 1905. Japan emerges as victorious and Far Eastern Empire loses its hold on Korea and its influence over Chinese matters are weakened.

-Japan annexes Korea in 1910 which accelerates the armsrace between the two nations.

-Both sides are nominally on the allied side during the first world war.

-Russian revolution in 1917 spreads radical ideas into Far Eastern Empire and the heavy emphasis on military buildup is putting restrain on the people.

-With the help and engourage of the Russian Bolsheviks, local sosialists start revolution in Far Eastern Empire quickly overthrowing the monarchy and establishing Far Eastern Republic in 1920.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:29 pm
PART 2: Imperial fleet in 1920

[The concept of the AU fleet is based on what little did China actually have in OTL and to those plans and projects of what they had and are known expsecially after the revolution in 1912. Naturally some very hard and blunt "if it can be this, it also can be that" type of logic had to be used as well as some pure imagination to fill the caps]

Gunboats:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Destroyers:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Cruisers:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:31 pm
Armoured Cruisers:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Battleships:

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 5:02 pm
That's cool!!! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
RipSteakface
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 5:15 pm
This is extremely cool so far!

[Profile] [Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Far Eastern RepublicPosted: May 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm
:P Fantastic!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: