Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Kyuzo_Aoi
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of BavariaPosted: May 19th, 2022, 4:57 pm
By the way, what are the Uniforms of the Royal Bavarian Army look like?

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of BavariaPosted: July 5th, 2022, 10:40 am
STATUS UPDATE #019

(As usual, please be sure to check out the entire overview. Many thanks!)

• Puma infantry fighting vehicle
  • Some minor fixes (e.g. missing descriptions) and textual updates
Quote:
A joint venture of KMW and Rheinmetall for the German Army, the Puma infantry fighting vehicle (or Schützenpanzerwagen 21 'Puma' in Bavaria) is many things at once: It's the product of a long and troubled development history. At a unit cost of nearly $20 million, it's the most expensive armoured fighting vehicle ever built. But most importantly, Puma is the most advanced vehicle of its class. Its sensor suite gives its crew of nine seamless 360-degree situational awareness, including at night or whilst dismounted, and its fire control system is even capable of semi-autonomously engaging aerial threats from large helicopters all the way down to small loitering munitions.

Puma is heavily armed with an automatic cannon, anti-tank guided missiles, a machine gun and a close-in defence system against hostile infantry approaching from the rear. A scalable combination of reactive and composite armour offers protection in excess of STANAG 4569 Level VI, and is in turn complemented by a soft kill active protection system against incoming missiles. The vehicle's power pack produces 1,090 hp out of a mere 11.1 litres of displacement, providing more than enough speed and agility to keep up with the Leopard 2 main battle tank over the most difficult terrain. The AKB has equipped six armoured infantry battalions with a total of 282 Pumas.
[ img ]
Rainmaker wrote: *
There’s a lot of great work in this thread - I’ve really enjoyed seeing how this AU has evolved over time. Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much! That reminds me to get my act together here. But some drawings are truly cursed … like that Puma, a first sketch of which I posted on discord nearly a year ago :shock:
Kyuzo_Aoi wrote: *
By the way, what are the Uniforms of the Royal Bavarian Army look like?
I'll have to work on that as well, won't I. The dress blues will be inspired by historical uniforms, obviously, but I'm not sure as to which camouflage pattern I should be using for battle dress uniforms. I'm actually kind of a fan of olive drab, which is way more versatile than the tacticool nerds would have you believe.

Last edited by pMASTER on August 16th, 2022, 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of BavariaPosted: July 12th, 2022, 6:41 am
As always great work :) !

[Profile] [Quote]
pMASTER
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of BavariaPosted: August 3rd, 2022, 3:27 am
Quick little update, I finally got around to introducing my flag carrier. As for the MG5, I didn't realise until it was too late that H&K doesn't even offer that weapon without a tan finish. Well, they do now, I guess! :) (All joking aside, I don't see why they wouldn't.)

STATUS UPDATE #020

(As usual, please be sure to check out the entire overview. Many thanks!)
  • Boeing 717-200 (Transalpine)
  • Heckler & Koch MG5 machine gun
  • textual updates
Quote:
Transalpine is the Bavarian flag carrier. Founded in the 1970's in West Germany as a charter airline for holiday makers and guest workers from Yugoslavia, the airline led a shadowy existence with an ageing fleet until the Bavarian secession. Munich's becoming a shareholder has made a rejuvenation plan possible that – though somewhat delayed by the 2020 aviation crisis – will see the replacing of Transalpine's second-hand fleet (7 Boeing 757-200, 3 Boeing 717-200 and 3 DHC-8-400) with 15 brand-new Airbus A320neo family aircraft. All aircraft are named after Bavarian mountains. In 2022, Transalpine served 31 destinations in Central Europe and the Mediterranean region.

The youngest member of the "Mad Dog" family of short-haul airliners, the B717 is a stepchild of Boeing's brought into their marriage by the erstwhile McDonnell Douglas company. The aircraft, which carries 134 passengers over a distance of 2,645 km (1,428 nmi), was a flop at its time and production ceased in 2005. In a twist of irony, however, the B717 quickly became a heavily sought-after commodity, with second-hand and even third-hand models acquired by airlines like Delta and Qantas for near-original prices. The B717 is economical in its market niche and has a perfect safety record. Transalpine acquired its 3 -200's from Spanish airline Volotea.
[ img ]
Quote:
The MG5 by Heckler & Koch is the standard-issue general purpose machine gun of Bavaria's armed forces, having entered service as Maschinengewehr 20. It can be carried by foot soldiers as a light machine gun or be deployed on a tripod in the sustained fire role for ranges of up to 1,800 m. Additionally, the MG5 arms most AKB vehicles and helicopters. It is a gas-operated weapon chambered in 7.62×51 mm, fires from an open bolt and features ambidextrous controls as well as a loaded chamber indicator. Designed as a replacement of the venerable MG3, it has a slower rate of fire than its predecessor but offers much greater accuracy.
[ img ]
Ro-Po Max wrote: *
As always great work :) !
Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: