Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
RP1
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 6:06 pm
Don't tempt me... :twisted:

[ img ]

LNGpowered50knotHYSWAScontainershipforNORWAY!!!

Probably buildable. Not very sensible.

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 6:21 pm
that's a good one!

[Profile] [Quote]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 9:32 pm
[ img ]

you already done it... :-)

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 10:04 pm
ah the iron spy ship! but that one is not so weird. it's just fugly, with a lot of funny history of mad people that don't care about their life. like that time the moved up alongside Kirov.... in Russian territorial! water!

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 10:20 pm
Quote:
with a lot of funny history of mad people that don't care about their life. like that time the moved up alongside Kirov.... in Russian territorial! water!
We request, nay *demand* further elucidation! :-)

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:10 pm
RP1 wrote:
Quote:
with a lot of funny history of mad people that don't care about their life. like that time the moved up alongside Kirov.... in Russian territorial! water!
We request, nay *demand* further elucidation! :-)

RP1

Yeah it was some years back. Russia had an big Naval exercise, aircraft carrier (what was left of it), submarines, frigates, destroyers, cruiser and Kirov. Also in the weeks before Russian navy was talking about how much better naval control they had than Norway have, when one Norwegian Coast guard vessel followed an Russian fishing boat all the way back to it's home port in Russia.
So here we have Russia, during an early winter, having it's biggest naval exercise, for many years. suddenly out of the morning fog, a wild FS Marjata appeared, driving right trough the exercise zone at 12-15 knots, for then just stop. There are silent for some time, and suddenly and angry Russian captain over the VHF screaming in Russian first, so in simple English, telling Marjata to live the area, with a lot of ...well very interesting language.
Marjate don't move. one of the Russian destroyer move in closer. but then over the VHF the Russian fleet command, and admiral, yelling out Marjata telling them to get the H*** out of here, or they will open fire! .... Marjata still silence for 10 more minutes, then she start to move, slow, not more than 5 knots. The Russian starting to open fire after here, firing in the wake of Marjata, big gun's as small gun's.
Then suddenly Marjata turns and drive across Kirov bow and down along here side with just meters between them, for then just in to the morning fog.

for two years ago an retired Russian admiral was interviewed by an Norwegian magazine, where he meant it was weird that No Western news paper had a story on this. He did also say that the only reason Marjata managed to get so close was that the Russian ships failed to detect here, she must have been operating i an silent mode, thus she could appear as an normal fishing vessel... but there is speculation around that, like for example: Marjata big radar somehow created an interference...

I have many weird story's like that from the Navy. like: PT-boats, having fun with British destroyers. Norwegian submarine forcing an US destroyer and a US tanker to break of there planned refueling. Norwegian submarine almost taking out an entire US aircraft carrier fleet and tag the rest. An Oslo class frigate steal one of the British destroyers mahogany sign, and outrun the pursuing destroyer, even British PT-boats. When Norway was test firing Terne ASW in USA. Norwegian Homeguard (banker's, carpenter's, etc.) making fun of US marines... while on skies! and many more.

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:20 pm
Tee hee! :-D Very good.
Quote:
she must have been operating i an silent mode, thus she could appear as an normal fishing vessel...
Mentioning no names, but an Undoubtedly Sophisticated Navy may have spectacularly fallen foul of a similar tactic at the hands of an unnamed Rum-drinking Navy at some point - supposedly ;-) If you don't say anything, they see what they want to see (assuming they even *look*!)

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:22 pm
RP1 wrote:
Mentioning no names, but an Undoubtedly Sophisticated Navy may have spectacularly fallen foul of a similar tactic at the hands of an unnamed Rum-drinking Navy at some point - supposedly ;-) If you don't say anything, they see what they want to see (assuming they even *look*!)

RP1

yup!

want some water to that ...water?

H

[Profile] [Quote]
H_K
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: February 5th, 2014, 10:08 pm
How about a WWII trimaran destroyer?

I was doodling with the idea... basically a cross between RV Triton, a narrowed-out 1,500 tonner hull (USN), a Fletcher-style flush foredeck, and French Melpomene-class machinery box (very narrow, inline arrangement).

I might draw it up even!

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: the wierd ship ChallengePosted: February 5th, 2014, 10:55 pm
What about a hydrofoil cruise ship?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: