Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 21  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21
heuhen
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 4th, 2012, 3:03 pm
3. 4. 5. nhh..! I just which I gave the harpoon version the 155mm gun ASW (didn't know about that) and a large helo... but as long I can do things like this I am happy :-D

I want more!

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 4th, 2012, 4:27 pm
WELL DONE! to ALL concerned, and a HUGE thanks to the judges :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 4th, 2012, 5:50 pm
heuhen wrote:
3. 4. 5. nhh..! I just which I gave the harpoon version the 155mm gun ASW (didn't know about that) and a large helo... but as long I can do things like this I am happy :-D

I want more!
and an nuclear reactor, don't forget that! :P

thanks again for the judges! I think they have worked on this just as hard as the artists did, and they deserve credit for that.

congrats for Rowdy36 too, my co-winner, and to all others: heck, seeing the points given everybody is an winner this time.
I have to admit I did not expect winning this, as I went just as mad as the rules allowed

there is already being talked about the next challenge, so keep watching the forum if you want to participate :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 4th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Thank you for the judges for their thankless task, and I feel satisfied in having my ship approved.
Thans go to all who took part, as it was inspiring and a good learning lesson.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Well done Novice.I must say the drawings from everyone were amazing.My personal favorite was Rowdy's Vampire class. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 6th, 2012, 6:12 am
An interesting challange well done everyone. Some of the more Austere classes were very interesting and I would be interested in seeing their support ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 6th, 2012, 6:48 am
The following are some semi-random thoughts on the designs:
Quote:
Rifleman:
Standard layout. It’s not a bad design, but it feels very kitbash-y. The sensor suite makes sense for the weapons load. My biggest concern is going to be the bow – it looks like it could be seriously wet in the North Atlantic.
Quote:
Heuhen:
With Heuhen we got a family of designs. The thought put into the power plant was a nice touch. The only concern that I have with the designs is that the electronics seem a bit overloaded for the hull. I might drop the dedicated Sea Sparrow guidance radar aft. It definitely feels like he hit the mark. I would however remove the 30mm turrets in favor of a larger hanger and door.
Quote:
Clonecommander6454:
Not a bad layout. Very Spartan, could probably use a few more details (like lights both running and otherwise). I’m honestly surprised that it doesn’t have enclosed torpedo tubes on the sides or a large diameter tube aft. The AAW Design feels like flight ops have been seriously compromised, but I don’t see an easy way to fix it. This isn’t on the ships, but the grey text on the B-Sides is a little too light.
Quote:
Novice:
Very T21 looking design. My only concern is the hanger layout. I’m not sure two Sea Kings can fit, but then again, I like big, expansive hangers.
Quote:
Rowdy36:
It’s a Super MEKO hull. My major concern is the same that I have for almost all Australian ships – Lack of range. There is a hatch or something abaft the hanger that has me confused as well.
Quote:
Thiel:
It’s just so Austere! And Cute!

Quote:
Acelanceloet:
The application of the phrase ‘make it nuclear’ has never been applied to a frigate so well. It suffers from the same problem that the early designs for the DE(N) proposals suffered from, and that is a lack of speed on the nuclear plant alone. Going CONAG is a good solution. If anything, I think that a more full electronics set would be nice (Mk 24 TAS in place of the Mk 23, and a WM series egg for AA with the gun and as backup for the NSSM system for example) would be nice, but I understand why they were left off.
Quote:
Jabba:
The Flight 2 is good, but I think that the Flight 1 and the Mod both miss the mark with the lack of a helicopter hanger. Even by 1970, the helo was known to be the stand-off ASW platform of choice.
Quote:
Hood:
Very Early T22ish with the missiles and the lack of a main gun. Really the T22 Flight 1’s little sister. I’m not sold on the aft Sea Wolf configuration though. Time wise it is a bit later than the original post outlined.
Quote:
MC Spoilt B’stard:
Very compact, very Dutch. Again, I wonder about how wet it is forward, and that takes on an added importance here with the ASW mortars behind the main gun. I think it suffers a bit because it is limited to a single (smaller) helicopter, but that is closer to historical than many of the other designs that have been entered in the challenge. Now if only you could start drawing things where they can rotate…
Quote:
LEUT_East:
Much earlier than a lot of the designs, there is nothing wrong with this one, it’s just earlier, and the notation of SQS-53 makes SeaCat seem a bit anachronistic.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 6th, 2012, 7:16 am
TimothyC wrote:
Thiel:
It’s just so Austere! And Cute!
[/quote]
I'm glad you like it.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: NATO ASW Design ChallengePosted: June 9th, 2012, 9:08 am
This challenge was heaps of fun. My thanks to the judges and winners.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 21  [ 209 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 21

Jump to: