Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 1st, 2013, 10:40 pm
Hello Bezobrazov

To answer your question, the Colbert has 8 274mm guns in single turrets and turbines for 25 knots. As I have explained to some people, underwater hulls were simply not on my agenda when I made the drawings; I figured why spend time on them when I could draw another ship above the waterline in the same time, drawing is supposed to be fun after all. So, any help is welcome as it saves time.

And if you have pencil drawings of WWI era or olders ships you wish to share, I'm always looking for inspiration.

Greetings
Garlicdesign

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 9:49 am
Great work, it been some time since we've had a French AU and these early ships look great. I love the battlecruisers.

Is there any chance you will do the real Durand-Viel designs?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 6th, 2013, 9:43 pm
Hello for a last time today

Guess what? ;)

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

OK, that's it for today.

Greetings
Garlicdesign

Last edited by Garlicdesign on February 12th, 2013, 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 6th, 2013, 9:51 pm
The Magenta-class looks like it means serious business.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 6th, 2013, 9:57 pm
Splendid!

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 6th, 2013, 9:59 pm
Nice work!

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 6th, 2013, 10:13 pm
heuhen wrote:
The Magenta-class looks like it means serious business.
I concur! Very serious looking vessel!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:24 pm
Hood wrote:
Great work, it been some time since we've had a French AU and these early ships look great. I love the battlecruisers.

Is there any chance you will do the real Durand-Viel designs?
Hello there

The Durand-Viel type A is done (posted in never-built-designs); the Magenta actually has exactly the same hull, but with a completely different funnel and mast arrangement.

Greetings
Garlicdesign

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: French ships from the depth of my brainPosted: January 10th, 2013, 6:13 am
I actually very much like the Marengo, myself. It looks like the warships I imagined and drew as a kid, with all these glorious turrets and funnels. Except, unlike the warships I drew as a kid, the Marengo actually looks proper and magnificent...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: