Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 1st, 2010, 7:20 pm
FIXED
[ img ]

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 4th, 2010, 2:20 am
very nice. but hate to be a party pooper, but wouldnt it just be more realistic for the RCN to adopt the Dutch JSS design? I mean the design is already set it contains all the same overall capablities and they can share parts and CONOPS with the Dutch, maybe even drive the cost of the R&D down so the Dutch can buy a forth or it can be put on the market.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 4th, 2010, 5:52 am
Beautifull design MC Spoilt! Especially the topvieuw ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 5th, 2010, 5:07 pm
@Philbob : The RCN and RNLN did some research together but then at a point they disagreed on some points of the JSS so they didnt worked more together. the folowing quote is quoted from a letter from the MOD to the government (03-12-2009)
Quote:
International cooperation
As in the A letter of May 18, 2006 indicated the potential for international collaboration were limited. Canadian acquisition strategy offered no basis for cooperation, other than information exchange. Further investigation has not led to other insights.
here an extra Updat on the JSS, now working on the vehicle-deck internal, are their any topvieuw drawings of (canadian) vehicle's in SB size?

[ img ]

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 5th, 2010, 5:49 pm
It's still is superb drawing

[Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 5th, 2010, 9:58 pm
I just made a sort of spin off of the JSS, here an LPD version. just for fun hope you guys like it again.

[ img ]

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 7th, 2010, 6:48 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
I just made a sort of spin off of the JSS, here an LPD version. just for fun hope you guys like it again.

[ img ]
Very nice :) I don't know if you have seen in but here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50&start=50 is a 3d model of a JSS based on yours. I hope you like it.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 8th, 2010, 2:57 pm
I thought the Canadian navy had picked the S92? though like the Merlins much better option

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 8th, 2010, 4:58 pm
rifleman wrote:
I thought the Canadian navy had picked the S92?
They have, but it's a controversial choice.

Now before I proceed, I just want to put up a disclaimer: IIRC. I could be wrong, but I also know the original sources where I heard this and so I can go back and verify if questioned (airliners.net, BTW)

Anyway, half the problem is contractual, since between the Canadian government, and Sikorsky, it's basically a contractual cluster****

The other half is safety-related since Sikorsky basically liked about how long the main rotor transmission can run "dry" (i.e., without oil) in an emergency situation, leading to a number of fatal crashes. Of course, the fact that relatively so many pilots had to test that claim out for themselves is unsettling, too. Personally, I'd be hesitant as hell to get on an S92. I'd sooner get on an Osprey.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Canadian Joint Logistic Support Ship DSNSPosted: September 8th, 2010, 8:39 pm
primer wrote:
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:

[ img ]
Very nice :) I don't know if you have seen in but here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50&start=50 is a 3d model of a JSS based on yours. I hope you like it.
Yeah , i did see the 3D model of the JSS , proud to inspire someone with a drawing.

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: