Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Eeo
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: February 21st, 2022, 12:01 pm
The NSM placement won't work. There's no way for the exhaust flames to vent away from the insides of the ship. On the Skjold-class, which I assume you took the inspiration from, the exhaust vents out the rear as you can see here:

[ img ]

Observe the large backblast of the missile as it's fired from its canister:

[ img ]

You don't want that inside your ship. That's how fires start.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: February 21st, 2022, 1:20 pm
I am channeling it up behind the launcher, like it is done on many other similar systems

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: February 26th, 2022, 3:03 am
A smaller series of patrol boats; covertes; etc.

Base length: 93 meters
Base beam: 15.69 meters
Base depth: 4,87 meters
Powerplant: either a combination of two small turbines and up to four small/medium diesel engine/generators. Or only diesel engine.
Speed: depend on powerplant; 22knots - 28+knots
Base displacement: around 3000+- tons
Base crew: Depending on model; 40 to 100+

Radars: Main radar is Hensoldt TRS-3D-MSSR-2000-IFF (in a weather cover) (There is possible to use other radars as well)
Sonars: All drawings show max possible setup and will of course change, depending on what is needed. Sonars include hull mounted sonars, towed sonars and flank sonars

Armarment:
40mm to 76mm guns
RAM
Torpedo
NSM or similar
Mk-41 VLS either; Basic models for ESSM; or Tactical length basic models for ESSM and RIM-66 2MR; possibility for full length version.

Helicopter deck and hangar is limited to medium size helicopter. As standard the Hangar will have minimum repair facility. Except version "A" (base model) it can have an extended hangar with better repair facility.

Note all drawings show, possible armament and can differ on the user choice. (for example, how many liferafts do you need? Do you need RAS capability)

FX9316-A
[ img ]

FX9316-B
[ img ]

FX9316-C
[ img ]

FX9316-D
[ img ]

FX9316-E
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: February 27th, 2022, 10:47 am
That is a cute corvette design, well probably a bit chunkier than a corvette but certainly well equipped.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: March 2nd, 2022, 6:12 pm
A continuation of the FX9316 design. the FX10116 and FX11016 design. using the FX9316 design in a stretched form.

Main changes:
- hull length
- Superstructure length
- helicopter deck size

Note. FX11016 have a longer fordeck/forecastle

FX10116-A

Base numbers:
Length: 101 meter
Beam: 16 meter
Displacement: 3500-4000+- tons
Crew: From 110 to 140+
Powerplant: 6 small and 2 medium or large Diesel engine, with direct or electric drive
Speed: 22 knots to 26+ knots

[ img ]

FX10116-B

[ img ]

FX10116-C

Base numbers:
Length: 101 meter
Displacement: 3500-4000+- tons
Crew: From 110 to 140+
Powerplant: 6 small diesel and 2 medium jet turbine
Speed: 26 knots to 30+ knots

[ img ]

FX11016-C

Base numbers:
Length: 110 meter
Displacement: 4500-5000+- tons
Crew: From 140 to 180+
Powerplant: 6 small diesel and 2 medium jet turbine
Speed: 26 knots to 30+ knots

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: March 2nd, 2024, 8:46 pm
An idea. I save the picture bellow, of an US Navy concept of an large USV, so I went "hmm" what about an frigate?:
[ img ]

Note the drawing is in an overloaded configuration, and aren't reflecting the loadout it would have in the real world, but is just an illustration on what various things that can be fitted.

- a large launch deck aft for larger vessel, with a sort of crane/slip system for launch and retrieval of vessel.
- Side hatches for RHIB and USV/UUV
- Abnormal helicopter deck, for medium helicopter and UAV. With space for a "possible" catapult for winged-UAV.
- Center weapon deck with VLS and NSM (with surface and land attack capability)
- Forward deck with either 76 or 56mm cannon
- aft weapon deck with 40mm cannon or RAM
- Various self-defense systems
- Phased panels for: 3D radar, communication, illumination, electronic warfare, satellite communication, drone control, electronic detection, jamming, etc.
- a light to medium set of "conventional radars and electronics" to back up ships main radar and electronics
- towed sonar, the launch deck is capable to house containers with CAPTAS towed sonar, sacrificing space for large USV
- Bow sonar + additional underwater sensor further aft on the hull.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Norwegian alternative ships ideaPosted: March 3rd, 2024, 9:55 am
Loving these designs, they all look really good.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: