Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
HanD
Post subject: CdS - Corvette de SurveillancePosted: August 18th, 2022, 7:18 pm
[ img ]

Based off an older, less viable design*, this is a multi-mission corvette.

Weapons Suite:
[8] Kongsberg NSM
[32] Raytheon ESSM
[1] Bofors 57mm
[1] Bofors 40mm
Electronics Suite:
CEAFAR RADAR
ARTEMIS IRST

*http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10562

Last edited by HanD on August 1st, 2023, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
H_K
Post subject: Re: CdS - Corvette de SurveillancePosted: July 21st, 2023, 9:32 pm
Interesting. I’ve been playing around with a similar concept… an ocean-going patrol corvette.

Mine is around 102m long and 2,200 tons, derived from the Gowind 200 concept in the mid 2000s.

Might be worth comparing the layout and especially the internals… I think yours looks a little small for all the equipment you want to fit. You could also compare to a K130.

[ img ]

Last edited by H_K on August 23rd, 2023, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: CdS - Corvette de SurveillancePosted: July 30th, 2023, 10:39 pm
H_K wrote: *
Interesting. I’ve been playing around with a similar concept… an ocean-going patrol corvette.

Mine is around 102m long and 2,200 tons, derived from the Gowind 200 concept in the mid 2000s.

Might be worth comparing the layout and especially the internals… I think yours looks a little small for all the equipment you want to fit. You could also compare to a K130.

[ img ]
Hello H_K, but given that I am the original artist of "your" corvette, my username should be credited first and then your username

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
H_K
Post subject: Re: CdS - Corvette de SurveillancePosted: August 23rd, 2023, 3:49 pm
Ultraking101 wrote: *
Hello H_K, but given that I am the original artist of "your" corvette, my username should be credited first and then your username
Ok fixed it. (Sorry I had misunderstood in what order to credit drawings)

As a bonus here’s a side-by-side comparison of my design versus your original art and versus the Gowind 200 (which I believe you used as your baseline).

My changes to yours were the inverted bow, enlarged integrated mast, and some more minor details (weapons & sensors). I think your main changes to the Gowind 200 were ditching the waterjet propulsion (very sensible) and removing the bow sonar?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CdS - Corvette de SurveillancePosted: August 23rd, 2023, 4:37 pm
It also looks like ultrakings design uses an completely different internal arrangement, with midship machinery, if I see the uptake and intake arrangement.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: