Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Navarchos
Post subject: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:10 pm
Here is a design of a multiporpose corvete for Grrek Navy...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:17 pm
and this is REALLY good for an beginner. few comments and questions:
- with the HERAKLES radar you don't need those directors, as far as I know.
- what gun do you have on the bow?
- the VLS cells look a bit large, keep in mind that in SB scale missiles are oversized for detailing purposes.
- funnels look a bit small, but it might be that you are using diesel propulsion: then they are perfect.
- the hull shading is not really correct
- that prop looks awfull on this otherwise beautiful ship, and seeing the back view, you might want to draw your own.
- just in front of the typhon mount, the sydeview shows an stair, the back view an door and the top view nothing.
- the rails just below of your bridge windows should be a few pixels lower, as now nobody can stand on it to clean the windows or do maintenance over there.
- the RAM back and top view look weird, at least for the top one we have an better one.
- the HERAKLES radar is a bit too narrow, IIRC.... but I might be wrong on that.

other then those points, IMO, great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:39 pm
This is very very impressive, I like the 'cut of her jib'; and for a modern warship she looks the business :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Your air intakes are badly placed. In heavy weather they'll suck in water rather than air and the exhaust is too small for gas turbines. Other than that it looks very nice.
Ace, I think those are sprinklers for the NBC system rather than walkways

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:56 pm
well, mitch told me the rails on that position are to stand on.... as he did numerous times. and you pointed out the one I missed, the intakes. thanks ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm
Nitpicks aside on hull shading and some equipment issues this is one of the best, if not the best, modern AU ship I've seen in months. It looks realistic, its sleek yet stealthy and capable without being over the top. Great work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Few comments
Corvette was useless in Aegean Sea (better to have much larger Frigate or smaller Fast Attack Missile Crafts (FAC))

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm
colombimike, may I have an explanation of these points? I can't see why an (cheaper) corvette is worse then an very expensive frigate?
and why does it have topweight issues? the only part that you can compare is the radar.......

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Awesome job, I can only hope to become this good :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:51 pm
While top weight might be an issue, I can't see why a corvette would be useless.
Especially in the Aegean.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: