Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 3:41 pm
Damen Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311

Length : 63 m
Beam : 11 m
Draft : 5.2 m
Displacement : 1050 T
Speed: 22 - 36 knots
Crew: 20 + 20 passengers*

* passengers can stay onboard for 48 hours.

Axebow Auxillery Patrol North Sea
[ img ]

Axebow Auxillery Patrol Caribbean Sea
[ img ]

Hope someone like's it, i based it on the Damen Stan Patrol 5009

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

Last edited by MC Spoilt B'stard on September 15th, 2010, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 3:44 pm
I like it :D I am going to try out some different setups for it for utopia....

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 4:56 pm
Definitely interested in it as a concept.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 5:46 pm
Very nice design! It would be a very interesting concept, maybe something in the offshore section?

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Vossiej wrote:
Very nice design! It would be a very interesting concept, maybe something in the offshore section?
Its used in the Offshore as fast crew supplier (Damen Fast Crew Suppliers 3307) also as patrol vessel (DAMEN OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL 900 & DAMEN STAN PATROL 5009) and as yacht (support).

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 5:57 pm
My main concern is size: specifically, the superstructure seems really, really tiny on a hull even that size. You look at most small OPVs or larger IPVs and the superstructure is pretty large in comparison to the rest of the ship; that's because PVs carry sizable crews to handle traffic and policing situations (a PV can be described as a floating police station) and you need the berthing space for that crew.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 6:09 pm
klagldsf wrote:
My main concern is size: specifically, the superstructure seems really, really tiny on a hull even that size. You look at most small OPVs or larger IPVs and the superstructure is pretty large in comparison to the rest of the ship; that's because PVs carry sizable crews to handle traffic and policing situations (a PV can be described as a floating police station) and you need the berthing space for that crew.
I think the space for the accomodation could best be placed in the bow, because you can't stick too much stuff or fuel in there because of the weight.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 6:40 pm
klagldsf wrote:
It isn't a OPV or IPV its an Auxillery ship with the capacity for smaller patrol's and/or Counter-Drug operations. it also could be used as on scene command vessel during collisions or other (maritime) disasters. The bridge crew is about 4 ( 1 OF-3/1 OR-7/2 OR-4 till OR-1) and the deck crew of 6 ( 2 OR-7/ 4 OR-4 till OR-1). the other 10 crew members have the same ranking as only the OF-3 will be replaced by a OF-2 or OF-1 because there is only one captain on a ship)

For the explenation of the Nato Codes of ranks link under here info!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_r ... .28Navy.29

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 7:13 pm
The axe bow isn't really suited for that kind of mission. The axe bow is very efficient at high speeds, but terrible at low speed, and those kinds of missions requires long periods of slow speed steaming and the odd high speed dashes. That's why most ships build for that role is optimised for slow to medium speed steaming and carry either a large RHIB and/or a light helicopter to handle the dashes.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Axebow Auxillery Patrol Vessel 6311Posted: September 15th, 2010, 7:33 pm
Thiel wrote:
The axe bow isn't really suited for that kind of mission. The axe bow is very efficient at high speeds, but terrible at low speed, and those kinds of missions requires long periods of slow speed steaming and the odd high speed dashes. That's why most ships build for that role is optimised for slow to medium speed steaming and carry either a large RHIB and/or a light helicopter to handle the dashes.
You shouldnt see it as a small OPV / IPV but more as a Safety Standby Vessel with the capacity of taking part in patrol operations in combination with other units (sea or air).

Small spinn off of the vessel , how a real patrol vessel of this type will look like. i know it isnt the good hull for it but its just nice looking ''refreshing''
[ img ]

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: