Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
klagldsf
Post subject: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 15th, 2010, 10:51 pm
[ img ]

Obviously a work in progress.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 15th, 2010, 10:58 pm
I'd probably have extended the hangar as far forward as I could get away with,probably all the way to the stack.
Does the roof of the hangar open, or is the ship beamy enough to allow the aircraft to roll out next to the catapult?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 15th, 2010, 11:45 pm
[ img ]

I went ahead and redid it, making it as long as my original frigate.

And it's a lot beamier of a ship too, so you don't have to worry about some sort of weird roof-opening contraption. Top speed is probably going to be reduced to the high 20s.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 15th, 2010, 11:57 pm
[ img ]

Redid it again, extending the hangar and the fantail.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 16th, 2010, 7:12 am
Interesting concept. It looks like German style a.a. as armanent, so no dual purpose?

[Profile] [Quote]
Parador
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 16th, 2010, 8:25 am
At first .... nice drawing !!!!

A top view will be very usefull. Is there only one or are there two catapults ?? And surely you will add some light AA's and MG's or ???

How many seaplanes the ship will carry ? What about the possibility to modify it temporarely as minelayer ?? So is there a chance to roll the mines over the stern ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: September 28th, 2010, 5:50 am
I like it, maybe it's buildt on german yards? Then another ship of this class could be required for my Kriegsmarine 46 AU :twisted: ?
Add some directors for the guns. One is not enough for targeting aircraft. They look like german 10cm-twin-aa, do they?
BTW Bill, the 10cm were dual purpose, right after they experienced the awesome armorpiercing capability of its small brother, the 8,8cm aa. But you are right, the prime use was aa.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Seaplane carrier/tender for paradorPosted: November 18th, 2010, 10:46 am
Are you going with this? I don't want to use a WIP for my Kriegsmarine '46-AU (have learned my lesson...). It looks good, it should get finished.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: