Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: High Endurance Patrol CutterPosted: March 12th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Well everyone knows the Stan Patrol 4207's operated by multiple nations. The first series for the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard from 1998 will be replaced by 2018 so i decited to draw a replacement programme.

I used the base of the SIGMA 7511 drawn by Acelanceloet and upgraded her to a Patrol Cutter.
The Area of Operation will be the (Dutch) Caribbean [Aruba/Curacao/Bonaire/St.Maarten/Saba & Sint Eustatius] and the sea arround.Due to the reformation of the Dutch Caribbean since 10-10-10 bonaire/saba/sint eustatius became Municipality's of the netherlands.

At the End of 2012 the AS355 helicopters will be replaced by 2 AW-139's.
Also the ''Super Rhibs'' will be replaced in 2016 , one of the options is the Damen Interceptor 1102.

[ img ]

They will be good ships for a growing coast guard with a very large operation area, Crew will be 35 excluding the USCG Boarding Detachment(10) and Dutch boarding team (8) and Helicopter crew (6) The Helicopter will be able to land on the ships and be fastened to the deck but will not be permanantly onboard. So the total crew amount willbe 59.

Sewaco:
- Thales Variant 2D Short/Medium range Survailance Radar X-band/C-band [70 km]
- Thales Scout MK2 Short/Medium range Survailance/Navigational Radar X-band [ km]
- Thales Gatekeeper 360° staring IR/TV Camera's Close Range Security Sensor [ km]
- Thales Sonar 2193 Hull Mounted Minehunting Sonar
- Different SATCOM systems and UHF/VHF Radio communications

Boats carried:
- 9 m Mob Rhib/Dive Rhib [2x]
- 11 m Interceptor 55 Kts [1x] in stern dock/slibway with 2x FN MAG or .50 Cal

Aviation:
- Landing pad for 1 medium weight helicopter [AW-139 / NH-90] Helicopter can be armed with Marksmen with .50 cal sniper rifle

Armament:
- 30 mm Marlin WS [1x]
- 12,7 mm Hitrole WS [2x] can be changed to 40 mm AGL
- Water Canon [3x]
- Small arms 9/5.56/7.62 mm and Manpads

The ships could be refueled at sea by any NATO standard Tanker.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

Last edited by MC Spoilt B'stard on March 13th, 2012, 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: High Endurance Patrol CutterPosted: March 12th, 2012, 9:12 pm
Nice design but I don't get why you have such a huge crew.
The Danish Knud Rasmussen class has a core crew of 18.
If you decide to bring the 76mm gun and it's crew, helo crew and boarding teams along it has a crew of 43.
And it's prepared for ESSM though neither the director nor the launcher is carried.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: High Endurance Patrol CutterPosted: March 12th, 2012, 11:54 pm
Well the crew is based on other Damen ''OPV'' type's , also the Coast Guard here has alot or personel onboard on operations.
They have a local coast guard boarding team and a USCG boarding team for the international waters, so that would be arround 20 -24.
The SIGMA above also will be able to house a helicopter crew + technicians , Marksman for .50 Cal sniper rifle and/or 7.62 mm.
The Ship also needs to have a double crew and because of the many systems onboard it demands extra crew.
And offcourse the 72 is it max. normaly it could be operated with less crew.

I guess i over killed a bit with the crew i will rethink the crew numbers tomorrow.
its time to stop SB'ing for today for me.

And about the weapons: i will not bring back the 76 mm or place a 57mm onboard because the Dutch/Caribbean Governments will not allow ''navy caliber weapons'' onboard Coast Guard ships, even the 30 mm could be to much for them. The current cutters only have 1 .50 cal MG on the bow , i put the 30 mm up because of the growing amounts of heavly armed go-fast's / pirates, and because they would be the first in line of defence if the islands would be attacked by an enemy. [example Venzuela]
The RNLN will also have 1 Holland Class patrolship permantly in the caribbean so together they form quite a nice ''task force'' for Law-enforcement/Counterdrug/Counter terorisme/ Counter pirate /SAR and Defense duty's''

I will also post an other type of ship later this week , a 2nd class of smaller coastal patrol boats for the other islands.

I know it doesn't realy belong here but maybe someone who's looking here could help me out, ive been searching the bucket for almost the whole day for the FN MAG/M240 7.62 mm General Purpose MG in the bucket scale , some one has that one? i would love to have it. i think no one has it because its so darned small

------

[Working List]
None

Last edited by MC Spoilt B'stard on March 13th, 2012, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: High Endurance Patrol CutterPosted: March 13th, 2012, 12:06 am
The boarding teams I understand, it's all the rest that doesn't make sense. You have two ships roughly the same size, with the same type and amount of gear on board, roughly the same endurance and same capabilities, yet one can make do with half the crew.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: High Endurance Patrol CutterPosted: March 13th, 2012, 4:15 pm
Well thiel i did some recalculations and indeed i could reduce the crew with 42,5% :oops: So new crew numbers are posted in the original post. The crew just has to do some more work then with the big US count of crew :lol:

------

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: