Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 8:39 pm
For me a mix of missiles make a strange impression on me, but overall it's a truly impressive work!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 12:45 am
Here's a revised version, this time with the 5" turret and its base omitted, together with the Mk34 directors. Instead there are now some SatCom devices, to further enhance the ship's command capabilities.
I rather like this version, it may be the final one, though I'm entertaining the idea of fitting an aft Tartar too!
[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on October 24th, 2012, 12:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 12:54 am
She looks good, if top heavy. The only think I'll add is don't forget to change out the SPS-30s ;).

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 1:06 am
Opps, I meant to do tat, actually, but forgot...will do at earliest possible moment!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 1:52 am
Your Tartars are still see-through!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 2:21 am
Arrrgh, forgot that too. Thanks, will fix it!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 3:44 am
Fixed the highlighted problems. I took the liberty of changing out the SPS-52 for the longer-range SPS-39 (similar to Galveston's). Hopefully now the issues have all gone!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 6:46 am
Given the likely minuscule weight margins you're dealing with, I'd stay away from a second Tartar. I'd also change the the colour on the bilge keel to a less faded looking red since the current one looks off somehow.
bezobrazov wrote:
The people on this board who pointed out (and I believe it was Thiel) that Greece never would've been able to manage a complex missile ship, such as the imaginary Mesolonghi, are, of course, quite right. One nation, and one nation only, was capable of doing that, in such a way as to ensure the vessels continued operability. That country is the United States.
Well, I can think of a few other countries that might have pulled it of, but the then largely rural Greece isn't one of them

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 7:13 pm
I reworked the bridge, giving it bigger windows, less 'green house' and lowered it a few pix. You can see that as a little foretaste of what I'll do later with the Baltimore-class, converting it to the fleet flagship configuration of the 1950s-60s.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Missoula-Class CG:sPosted: October 23rd, 2012, 11:08 pm
Your missile loadout is, if anything, already too heavy. I don't see a second set of Tartars as being feasible in the slightest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: